Our client, an industrial waste treatment company, currently has the opportunity Red Seal Electrical Technician with hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair and testing of electrical equipment of steam or gas systems, protection equipment, generators/transformers, MV/LV switchgears.
Requirements: Trade Tested Read Seal, Wireman Licences added advantage, driving license is required. Along with at least 5-year experience in Electrical maintenance of large power generation or continuous process plants. Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of Instruments is an advantage.
Reports to: Plant Manager/ Planner
Health & safety: Job Holder works at biogas power Plant in a controlled environment.
Work Levels and Risks: The daily work tasks performed represent risks that could lead to serious accidents which are controlled by means of procedures, safety devices and HSSE Team supervision.
Exposure to Risks: Works around biogas system. Risks inherent to the job of Electrical Maintenance while performing on-site inspections and maintenance activities.
Job Holder works in the Maintenance Department under supervision of the Planner.
Job Holder can either work during day or night shift depending on the nature of works to be performed.
Job Holder supports reliable and accessible 24-hour call-out functionality.
Job Holder works mainly outdoor.
Work and communicate with:
Internal: Maintenance Manager, Planner, Operators, mechanical technicians
External: OEM, vendors, Contractors and Sub-Contractors’ operational staff.
Job purpose: Apply electrical expertise to electrical assets to achieve the plant operational targets, this as per company’s procedures and management instructions, ensure that all electrical works are completed in due time and at a minimum cost.
Scope: Execute assembly, repairs, replacements, and adjustments for plant electrical equipment and/or systems defined under the Plant maintenance plan in accordance with requirements associated with production, availability, reliability and procedures, standards, specifications and manufacturer’s recommendations.
Plant main equipment:
Collectors assemblies hydraulically operated, Biogas loops, steam generator, heat exchangers, fuel oil system, waste boilers,b6.2 MW CHPs and auxiliaries, 6.2 MW alternator, Thermal Energy supplies, chemical storage tanks, heaters, air cooled condenser, emergency diesel generators, coolers, air compressors and auxiliaries, pumps, electrical motors, water, RO systems, agitators, cranes, cars and trucks, HVAC, chillers, chemical dosing units, permeate and potable water treatment plant with reverse osmosis unit, waste water treatment plant, chemical laboratory, MV transformers, MV switchgear, 11 KV interconnection line, frequency converters, DCS system, CCTV, lighting apparatus, metering stations, SCADA, emissions monitoring devices, batteries and UPS, telecommunication system, computers network, building facilities, fences and roads.
Job description / core competencies:
During Plant operational phase:
- Enforce HSSE and Quality policies and procedures and ensure that all HSE measures and precautions are strictly considered and taken care of during the execution of maintenance activities to avoid any activity which might lead to Health Safety and Environment incidents / nonconformities.
- Take ownership of plant Electrical equipment and strive to reduce equipment downtime and ensure high Plant availability at a minimum cost.
- Improve electrical system designs
- Execute Electrical day to-day maintenance activities according to CMMS-PM notification and priority set up by Management.
- Perform troubleshooting activities as necessary along with Maintenance colleagues and Operations, to determine failure causes and rectify defects found.
- Ensure that Contractors have all needed resources and tools to conduct Electrical maintenance activities effectively and that tasks they perform are properly recorded in CMMS.
- Assists Planner in preparing and scheduling daily jobs.
- Report to Planner all jobs carried out and record them properly in CMMS-PM.
- Participate in Plant scheduled shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and promptly act upon operational instructions, respond effectively in urgent situations, make quick decisions in the event of breakdown or failure to safeguard the Plant.
- Solve problems in accordance with Company´s Policies and Procedures.
- Works closely with other Maintenance Technicians and Contractors to ensure that maintenance activities are carried out efficiently and to high quality standard.
- Strictly adhere, promote and ensure the enforcement of HSSE rules and practices.
- Safe and continuous operations of Plant Electrical equipments at minimum cost.
- Responds/acts upon instructions.
- Improvement of Plant operations by identifying opportunities and making constructive suggestions.
- Efficient use of PM systems.
- Good team spirit with colleagues and other department employees.
Location (country, city): Rustenburg, North West
Job Qualification & Experience:
Trade Tested Read Seal
Wireman Licences added advantage
Driving license are required.
At least 5-year experience in Electrical maintenance of large power generation or continuous process plants.
Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of Electrical equipments of steam or gas systems.
Hands-on experience in the maintenance, repair and testing of protection equipment, generators/transformers, MV/LV switchgears.
Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of Instruments is an advantage.
Highly proactive and self-motivated.
Team player, good interpersonal skills.
Proficient with PC software’s and CMMS-PM, able to write technical reports.
Good command of oral and written English is an advantage.
Industrial waste treatment company
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Red Seal Electrical Technician – Rustenburg, North West – Ref: 1213541-2
Red Seal Electrical Technician
To view our other job listings, click here