Our client was established in South Africa in the 1980’s and is a member of a global group of companies with their headquarters in Germany. Locally they are active in the Power, Oil & Gas, Mining & Metals, Rail, Commercial Vehicles, Paper and Hydropower market segments.
They are looking for a Quality Control Specialist with a formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering and Quality Management, coupled with 5+ years of experience on inbound quality inspections, experience in the quality inspection of Rail, Automotive or Mechanical products manufacturing and experience in the compiling of data books for projects (and in specific for product First Article Inspection and approval) for similar engineered parts which have been manufactured locally.
Reports to: Supplier Dev Engineer
Primary purpose: Responsible for the Quality Compliance management of the Rail Division. Ensuring compliance with all Customer regulatory. Our product standards and systems related to the Quality requirements.
- Management and quality control of Rail products with the Procurement department in aid of localization. Manage the FAI (First Article Inspection) process for all rail products including product quality sample audits and to play a supporting role during supplier evaluations.
- Play a supporting role to the Supplier Development / QA Specialist during the coordination and management of the IRIS and ISO9001 quality management system for the Rail division and facilitate compliance to ensure that it supports the overall QMS system via internal and external surveillance audits.
- Support during customer audits
- Be the lead representative for all customers FAI. Prepare all product conformance documentation in preparation for the each FAI.
- Ensure that all quality checks are in place and that the related documents are accurately recorded, filed and updated electronically and physically (following configuration management principles)
- Electronic, written and verbal messages received and transmitted as necessary to facilitate Rail Quality related communication to the business.
- Play a supporting role in Co-ordination ensuring supplier compliance and performance to our customer, industry & QMS product quality standards from procurement stage to customer deliver.
- Manage the quality of products for the Rails Workshop during and after processing.
- Manage the Quality of the Rail Workshop processes.
- Manage and drive all Quality related KPI’s for the Rail Workshop and incoming inspections.
Location (country, city): Witfield, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualification and experience:
- ND or B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Quality Management qualification
- 5+ years relevant experience on inbound quality inspections
- Experience in the quality inspection of Rail, Automotive or mechanical products manufacturing to customer specifications.
- Experience in the compiling of data books for projects and in specific for product First Article Inspection and approval for similar engineered parts which have been manufactured locally.
- Quality related management experience.
- Intermediate MS Office competency
- ERP experience (preferably Navision)
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and tools used in Quality Management to ensure compliance
- Good at project management, planning and organizing
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Quality Control Specialist, Witfield – Ref: 1026839-149
Quality Control Specialist
To view our other job listings, click here