A specialist in plastic injection moulding and manufacturing, tailored to the automotive industry, is hiring due to expansion! They require 2 x Inbound Quality Control Inspectors to inspect parts quality during production according to the approved quality inspection plans and procedure.
Minimum requirements include Matric and S3 or NQF 4 qualification in Engineering, a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage. You will need 2+ years post Matric experience in quality inspection with basic measuring skills in a manufacturing environment together with 1+ years’ experience in a plastic injection moulding environment and with painting of injection moulding components. Advanced knowledge of GD&T is and added advantage.
Reports to: Quality Supervisor
Primary purpose: To inspect parts quality during production according to the approved quality inspection plans and procedure.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Conduct daily inspection on production according to the approved inspection plans quality inspection procedure.
- Conduct daily paint assessment of parts at paint and assembly plant.
- Improve and maintain quality standards.
- Assist in the investigation of possible root causes of nonconforming product and ensure that the corrective action is correctly implemented, to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct and control daily scrap review meetings and report accordingly.
- Daily monitoring of scrap /reject; parts on hold and quarantine.
- Monitor all corrective actions and countermeasure in place and ensure that they are always adhered to.
- To ensure that the problem-solving countermeasure documents are updated and displayed on the respective QC Display Boards regularly, with corrective actions.
- Conduct “first-off” and “last-off” inspections and prove it by referring to the “reference sample”, drawing and patrol inspection instructions.
- To ensure measurements as per quality instructions.
- To ensure MRS measurement are done as per schedule.
- Ensure annual layout part are submitted to Metrology.
- Record the 1st off measurements before running series production.
- Conduct final by-off on products that conform to the quality level.
- Conduct hourly patrols in the section allocated to record the results per instruction and file accordingly.
- Always obey all company rules and regulations, i.e. safety, Covid19, quality, environmental, housekeeping, etc.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Matric with minimum S3 or NQF 4 qualification in Engineering.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage.
- 2 years post matric experience in quality inspection with basic measuring skills in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 year experience in a plastic injection moulding environment.
- 1 Year experience in painting of injection moulding components.
- Experience with Microsoft package (reporting & presentations).
- Ability to effectively use measuring equipment and checking fixture.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T is and added advantage.
- Measurement abilities
- Good human relationships skills
- Good communications skills
- Good administrative skills
- Time management
- Work without direct supervision
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Quality Control Inspector, Inbound (Automotive Plastic Injection Moulding)- Pretoria – Ref: 1211624
Quality Control Inspector
To view our other job listings, click here