Our client currently has an opportunity for a Quality Control Chemist.
The successful incumbent must have completed a BSc (Chemistry) degree and have a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience.
Responsible for maintaining, calibrating, commissioning, optimizing all analytical equipment, and assisting in problem solving on production processes. Key responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
Responsible for commissioning and optimizing all laboratory equipment by conducting performance trails, measurement uncertainty determinations and modifications to existing analytical systems to ensure optimum
service for routine and non-routine Quality control activities and future demands;
Responsible for performing all quality control related tasks in accordance with Quality systems, ensuring continuity and consistency within the department;
Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of all analytical instruments/equipment;
Provide technical training for all quality control and mixtures production personnel;
Act as safety representative and maintain standards in line with company standards and NOSA standards;
Provide analytical support to customers and ensure problems are promptly resolved;
Assume the duties of the QC Supervisor in his/ her absence and ensure consistency of operations.
Location (country, city): Kempton Park, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
1. Must have a completed BSc (Chemistry) degree;
2. Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience;
3. Must have proven experience in analytical techniques i.e Gas Chromatography (GC) and other gas analysis equipment;
4. Must have problem solving abilities, to identify problems and determine possible solutions;
5. Must have an ability to work autonomously and make decisions when required;
6. Willing to work overtime as and when required;
7. Must have good knowledge of Quality and Safety management systems;
8. Must be willing to travel as and when required;
9. Must have a valid unendorsed drivers’ license and own reliable transport.
Large supplier of specialty gases
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Quality Control Chemist, Kempton Park – Ref: 951072-4
Quality Control Chemist
To view our other job listings, click her