Ref: Ref: 1026839-37
Join this global leader by bringing your solid commercial and financial understanding and in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing.
Reports to: Country Purchasing Manager SSA. The Purchasing Lead will not directly manage any staff but will have dotted-line management in departmental responsibility.
Job description / core competencies:
Drives execution of purchasing activities to comply with business unit specific requirements for cost, time, quality and risk minimization.
Engages with business unit management on strategic as well as tactical purchasing=related matters, to ensure right and timely involvement.
Manages and develops the business unit purchasing team and ensures collaboration and alignment with corresponding logistics and QC/expediting teams.
Drives efficiency through resource optimization, offshoring and implementation of best practice within specific business unit purchasing team.
Leads implementation of and compliance to procurement policies, processes and reporting of KPIs in alignment with group directives, and leads specifically for purchasing.
Supports building of strategic purchasing and sourcing competencies to engage in global initiatives as well as participate in local activities in alignment with group procurement.
Ensures savings effectiveness through compliance to implemented global category initiatives.
Country: South Africa
Location: Constantia Kloof / Buffalo
Job Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Bachelor degree in relevant area or the equivalent knowledge.
- 5 – 10 years’ relevant industry experience (NNG).
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing.
- Local and International Purchasing experience required, along with category management experience.
- Purchasing experience in fabrication, casting & forgings, mechanical equipment (gearboxes, motors, pulleys, idlers, etc.)
- Strong operational leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of technical specifications in purchase orders.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Solid commercial and financial understanding.
- Planning and organising.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Following instructions and procedures.
They are a global supplier of engineering equipment and service solutions to customers in mining and cement industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.