Manage local and international projects for one of the world’s top suppliers of technologies in the automotive and defence sectors. With ambitious growth targets they set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security and they devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
Reports to: Executive Manager-Project Management.
Primary purpose: Responsible for managing allocated capital projects (local and International).
Job description / core competencies:
- Managing the project execution schedule, cost and scope maintaining accountability throughout the project for funds allocation, schedule and scope changes.
- Effectively managing risks to the project, communicating risks to relevant stakeholders and identifying solutions.
- Integrating the services provided by all relevant project team members across the organisation to ensure that the full scope is delivered successfully within the manpower and budget requirements.
- Keeping project stakeholders informed on progress and aligned throughout the course of the project providing timely communication to stakeholders.
- Driving decision-making to ensure the project moves forward, minimising delays and setbacks.
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to legal requirements, policies, procedures and other company standards to ensure safe project execution.
- Ensuring that the delivery of the scope of work is consistent with the statement of requirements and the business objectives for the Project.
- Providing a pathway of communication between the Project Management Department and the Customer.
- Monitoring the delivery of the Project to ensure that deviations from the plan are adequately managed and communicated and rectified.
- Reporting on progress, status, risk and issues of these Projects.
- Compiling inputs for the subsequent annual budgets.
- Taking part in the strategic planning of Capital and Plant Engineering Project annual portfolio.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the Project Management function.
Country: South Africa
Location: Somerset West
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a BEng / BTech Engineering Degree or relevant NQF 7 Project Management Qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management of which 3 years directly managing projects with a proven track record of delivered projects.
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
- MS Projects or similar project schedule package training.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Experience in line management functions required.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and attention to detail.
One of the worlds top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers Engineering student 2017.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Globlal Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Projects Manager: Capital and Plant Engineering Projects, Somerset West – Ref: 1066415-15
To view our other job listings, click here.