With experience in Mechanical, Process, Metallurgical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Piping, Civil & Structural Engineering ‘our client is a multi-disciplinary total solutions provider offering’ engineering, project management, construction and O&M to the mining and minerals, construction, industrial, energy and power sectors in South and Southern Africa.
Manages conceptual development, design, engineering, construction through to commissioning and commercial operation. Supplies permanent, innovatively engineered solutions and complete services to establish construction, processing, material handling and environmental control.
Looking for the services of a highly motivated Project Planner to carry out the business objectives of the company in a cost-effective manner. Reporting directly to the Project Manager and working closely with the project team, the Planner is responsible for the delivery of project planning and progress measurement, ensuring that company procedures and best practices are applied, as appropriate, and recommending changes to the Project Manager where required.
Reports to: Project Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the project master schedule to meet the project objectives.
- Undertakes the initial and ongoing detailed forward planning for the project in support of the PM.
- Review the schedule portions of contractor’s extra work claims and prepare details for discussion and/or inclusion in any response.
- FEL3 data verification and Project set-up.
- Meet Functional Managers to finalize FEL4 project set-up schedule (using standard template).
- Conduct interactive planning meeting with Functional Managers to finalize project implementation schedule.
- Confirm level 1 and 2 project schedule and critical path and set baseline for project implementation phase.
- Confirm and refine FEL4 level 3 scheduling (incl. early works and understand schedule basis).
- Project master schedule development.
- Confirm and refine FEL4 level 3 scheduling.
- Identify and schedule critical vendor data requirements.
- Populate approved measurable commodity quantities and labor to produce baseline S-curves.
- Participate in project schedule risk analysis and include resultant contingency in baseline.
- Maintain FEL4 schedule basis.
- Using progress reports (early and late curves) and project schedule (level 3 baseline); maintain, optimize and monitor progress. Identify and resolve issues.
- Develop FEL level 3 commissioning schedule.
- Analyse contractor level 4 schedule and provide recommendations.
- Project schedule monitoring and updates.
- Generate and verify weekly updates and issue progress reports.
- Maintain and optimize schedule, monitor progress, highlight and resolve schedule issues.
- Generate all progress curves.
- Develop and maintain commodity and resource profile.
- Extract and publish four-week look ahead schedule.
- Monitor slippages and critical and near critical paths and discuss with Project Controls Manager for resolution.
- Establish all equipment/ material and contractor ROS (Required on Site) dates.
- Provide schedule input to the procurement bid process including reporting requirements and vendor and contractor milestone dates.
- Assist with bid evaluation and ongoing management of the vendors and contractors with respect to their schedule commitments.
- Project trend and change management.
- Once a change is approved, maintain and optimize the schedule, monitor progress and highlight/ resolve areas of potential concern.
- Project progress measurement and earned value.
- Generate and verify weekly updates and issue progress reports.
- Obtain progress info via progress reports, EPCM status report, vendor progress report and cost report and calculate progress for construction packages.
Location (country, city): Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced understanding of design principles.
- Good knowledge of project management principles.
- Knowledge of forms of contract will be a definite advantage.
- Good understanding of best practises in the mining industry.
- Sound technical knowledge in a multi-discipline environment.
- Knowledge of the estimating and tendering processes.
- Knowledge in the use of Primavera Project Planner P6.
- Technical overview of work methods and techniques.
- Risk management principles.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem solving and mitigating skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Listening to, interpreting and understanding feedback from clients and team members.
- The ability to work under pressure and to achieve deadlines.
- Organisational skills, planning, project management and prioritising ability.
- Exceptional knowledge with IT functions like MS Office.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to lead tasks on a project, within the allocated budget and schedule, including mentoring and guidance of junior colleagues.
- Professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Understanding of the mining, minerals processing and metals industry and associated equipment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Expert knowledge of and competence in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office.
- Project planning experience in multi-disciplined mining, minerals processing projects and studies.
- Site planning experience in multi-discipline mining and minerals processing projects and studies.
- EPC / EPCM experience in either a consulting or construction contractor environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience considered essential to meet the demands of this position.
- PMI SP (Scheduling Professional) / PMI PMP (Project Management Professional).
- Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Planning and/or similar.
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management).
Multi-disciplinary ‘total solutions provider’ built on a solid foundation of a group of engineers and support professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in engineering, construction, maintenance, and infrastructure development across multiple industries in South and Sothern Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Project Planner with 5+ years’ experience in Projects: Construction/Heavy Industry/Mining and Mineral Processing, Harare, Zimbabwe – Ref: 121043-7
To view our other job listings, click here.