We are currently sourcing a Project and Maintenance Engineer to be based in either Johannesburg or Cape Town (to travel back and forth), to be responsible for providing operations with an efficient, professional engineering service that delivers a cost effective and competitive infrastructure.
The ideal incumbent will have a B.Eng Mechanical Degree with a PR Registration (ECSA) and a minimum of 10 years of experience in an Engineering (Maintenance/Design) capacity in the petroleum industry and experience in commercial installation design including the design of storage tanks, pumps and signing off of design in accordance with relevant codes and regulations.
Type: 12 month fixed-term contract
Travel requirements: Extensive travel to depots and commercial sites in Namibia, DRC, Botswana and Mauritius and physically able to access plant and equipment, sometimes at height.
Job description / core competencies:
- Design and construction of petroleum installations.
- Problem resolution and improvement of infrastructure efficiencies.
- Design and installation of pump and piping systems.
- Signoff on designs and ensure systems operates per design.
- Design and installation of storage tanks and associated systems.
- Design and installation of commercial sites.
- Design and installation of fire fighting systems.
- Ensure designs aligned to relevant codes and best practices (SANS/API/PTS’s).
- MOC management.
- Produce and communicate project plans.
- Successful management of approved funds with no over expenditure.
- Successful handover of projects and “backup” support.
- Design documented and meets requirements of customer/client.
- Contractor supervision of project resources required to perform the works.
- Projects executed safely and in compliance with all HSEQ requirements.
- MOC, Hazops, risk assessments, etc. compiled and documented.
- All iHSE items closed in a timeous manner.
- Plant 920G/E’s performed and actions closed out.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg or Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
Experience in commercial installation design including the design of storage tanks, pumps and signing off of design in accordance with relevant codes and regulations.
Be the single point of contact for putting together and monitoring maintenance plans and you probably come from a Design and/or Maintenance background and either currently work or have worked in the Petroleum industry.
Comfortable with and used to driving a safety first culture, and communicating, interpreting and championing of the execution of our policies and provisions of the Codes of Conduct & Business Ethics (COBE), Protection of Personal Information (POPI) and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC), and undertake appropriate mitigation and/or intervention programs to safeguard business operations, high staff discipline and industrial harmony.
A leader in the petrochemical industry, growing exponentially into Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project and Maintenance Engineer, Petrochemical – 12 month fixed-term contract, Johannesburg / Cape Town – Ref: 85687-19
Project and Maintenance Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here.