Our client currently has an opportunity for a Project Engineer who will be involved with plans and concepts, while considering efficiency, cost and priorities which are in line with the production area goals and objectives. The Project Engineer will ensure that standardised equipment and procedures are used to allow for efficient realization of project implementations.
The successful incumbent will hold a tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering together with at least 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Projects – Assist with capital request documents by obtaining the budget costs and time line requirements for full project implementation. Ensure that the project is scoped correctly and that the book of requirements is completed. Prepare tender documents, initiate supplier negotiations and procurement. General assessment of the area for the work to be carried out. Ensure that standardised equipment is used as set out by central engineering. Monitor and control the costing, timing, variable schedules and deviations on projects. Detailed standard project documentation and archiving to be completed before project closure. Obtain all necessary certificates and manuals required.
- Proposals/ Advice – Assist with budget costing and estimating for project proposals. Be able to prepare a work package breakdown for deliverables/goals, internal requirements, risks and feasibility. Initiate project change request documents when necessary in order to realign project timing or costing.
- Reports – Track project timing. Track project costing. Track project spend forecast. Ensure correct information for PROMPT milestones.
- Maintenance – Ensure equipment standardisation and compliance with central engineering
- Management – Managing internal customer requirements. Managing contractors and on time deliveries from suppliers. Liaising with design consultants. Ensure that installations are according to MES specifications and plant standards by liaising with central purchasing. Initiate meetings to update all project stakeholders.
- Legal Compliance/ Regulations – Ensure that best practices and standards are followed in order to adhere to the legal requirements of ESH department.
Country: South Africa
Location: Port Elizabeth
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma/ Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
- 2-5 years’ experience in project implementation
- Production assets/ equipment maintenance experience advantageous
With sales of €34.5 billion in 2014, our client is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 200,000 employees in 53 countries. The Tyre Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. The broad product range and continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. As one of the world’s leading tyre manufacturers with more than 47,000 employees, the Tyre Division achieved sales of €9.8 billion in 2014.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.