Would working for one of Fortune Magazine’s joint winners of “the worlds most admired companies to work for in the category of Engineering and Construction be of interest? Our client, a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services, with revenues of nearly $10 billion, has an opportunity for two Senior Project Managers within the Petrochemical Environment to deliver on agreed project objectives.
The ideal candidate will have an Engineering Degree and Masters in Project Management with 7 years of working experience in capital project delivery, with specific knowledge / experience in conceptual & detail engineering, project controls, construction management & supply chain.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure overall project compliance to execution plan (SHE, Quality, Cost & Schedule); ensure overall project compliance to legal and corporate governance and procedures; develop and implement project execution strategies & plans; manage internal and external stakeholders / supplier relationships and contracts; manage different contracting strategies, i.e. LSTK, EPC, EPCm, etc.; develop estimates and ensure cost control and ensure integrated risk management is effectively done; ensure comprehensive change management is done; ensure complete and up-to-date project administration; manage SHERQ requirements on projects; manage project within the GPDS, PMBOK, NEC3, boundaries as well as understand the total value chain of the business on projects.
Job description / core competencies:
- Accountable to deliver on all 10 knowledge areas as described in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PM Bok)
- Project Integration Management: Includes the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify and coordinate the various processes and project management activities.
- Project Scope Management: Includes the processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.
- Project Time Management: Includes the processes required to manage the timely completion of the project.
- Project Cost Management: Includes the processes involved in planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Project Quality Management: Includes the processes and activities of the performing organization that determine quality policies, objectives and responsibilities so that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken.
- Project Human Resource Management: Includes the processes that organize, manage and lead the project team.
- Project Communications Management: Includes the processes that are required to ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring and the ultimate disposition of project information.
- Project Risk Management: Includes the processes of conducting risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning and controlling risk on a project in a pro-active manner.
- Project Procurement Management: Includes the processes necessary for contract or purchase to acquire products, services or results needed from outside the project team.
- Project Stakeholder Management: Includes the processes required to identify all people or organizations impacted by the project, analysing stakeholder expectations and impact on the project, and developing appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
- Ensure alignment of all stakeholders through all the project phases
- Project framing (ensuring project is framed accurately, reflecting the business intent).
- Coordinate the development of an integrated Project Execution Plan that will deliver, aimed at passing gate 3 and gate 4 readiness reviews and subsequent execution phase, through to successful commissioning and beneficial operation.
- Develop a project team that is fully aligned with agreed objectives, roles & responsibilities and clear working processes.
- Ensure effective cost management
- Accountable for developing of capital cost estimates with.
- Control base being applied for comprehensive cost control where integrated change & risk management is applied and cash flow targets are met and risk adjusted
- EOJ forecasts to be pro-actively managed and kept updated.
- Ensure effective time management
- Accountable for schedule development and control.
- Establishing a schedule control base & reporting, actual vs plan.
- Comprehensive and integrated change management based on scope, cost & time baselines and management of float and risk.
- Decision making to be based on critical path, actual vs planned performance.
- SHE management – Actively manage project & construction safety
- Manage project health requirements.
- Visibility felt, site safety leadership is demonstrated.
- Project environmental requirements is adhered to.
- Quality management
- Ensure that quality management systems and procedures are in place to effectively ensure quality for engineering, construction and procurement.
- Integrated risk impact of poor quality on cost and schedule to be determined and managed.
- Ensure an understanding and knowledge of best practices and tools in project benchmarking
- Ensure the schedules and estimates are realistic.
- Ensure schedules are benchmarked against best available norms and practices.
- Ensure effective contract strategy development and implementation
- Develop contract strategies that is optimal in reaching business targets.
- Ensure effective implementation and management of contracts and associated strategies.
- Ensure effective people management
- Ensure that all project team members have performance agreements.
- Ensure that all team member perform as agreed to ensure project success.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
BSc (Engineering), BEng or applicable (e.g. Masters in Project Management) post graduate qualification, 7 years of working experience in capital project delivery, with specific knowledge / experience in conceptual & detail engineering, project controls, construction management & supply chain.
Functional leadership in project governance.
Deep discipline specific expertise (all project management disciplines)Collaboration and influence in project execution.
Strategic thought leadership.
Developing and implementing strategy.
Managing governance and legal compliance, cross-functional/ business integration & balancing.
Business and financial management.
Market/ industry insight & integration.
Knowledge of relevant technical procedures, specifications and legal frameworks.
Fundamentals of the value chain and business drivers (own and stakeholders) technical analysis and problem solving.
Making professional technical recommendations.
Risk analysis and management system/process optimisation principles of total cost of ownership.
Knowledge of Engineering design balancing financial, operational and technical requirements.
Lead the team and contractors to develop execute projects safely.
Our client is a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Petrochemical Environment (Multidisciplinary Projects Improvement Program), Secunda – Ref: 1085458-12
To view our other job listings, click here.