Our client is the market leader in slurry handling equipment. They currently have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to be responsible for the control and management of the process from recipient on internal project hand-over through to customer project hand-over including project deliverables such as data packs and O&M manuals.
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or equivalent, PMP certification will be an added advantage and experience in managing EPC and EPCM capital projects within the mining / engineering / mineral processing environment. Must have knowledge of general contracts processes, procedures and systems and have the ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
The following experience is needed:
- 5 years’ capital project management experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- 2 years’ experience in industrial mechanical, process equipment and mineral process equipment and sales experience.
- 3 years’ commercial tendering awareness documentation.
- 2 years’ process plant and workshop experience and exposure.
Reports to: Capital Projects Manager
Job description / core competencies:
- Control and management of the process from recipient on internal project hand-over through to customer project hand-over including project deliverable’s such as data packs and O&M manuals.
- Review and implementation of contract terms and conditions within delegation of authority afforded by department.
- Cost and risks control in terms of the project terms and conditions.
- Engage on technical and commercial matters with clients.
- Engage on a technical level with internal Product Specialists.
- Engage with sales team across all product lines.
- Engage with all branches both local and regional in terms of transport support and commissioning.
- Co-ordinate and plan all technical and product information to ensure project deliverable s are compliant to client specification.
- Drive, co-ordinate and manage all projects against agreed project schedules to ensure on time delivery.
- Responsible for all project planning and scheduling throughout the project life-cycle.
- Responsible for regular client project updates.
- Co-ordinate all project related matters in full compliance with departmental SOP.
- Post project delivery negotiations and close outs.
- Contributes to projects team and shares knowledge with all.
- Adhere to all HSE and housekeeping requirements.
- Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
Location (country, city): Alberton
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric / Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Degree / B. Tech / National Diploma in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and MS Projects (Advance MS Office)
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- 5 years’ capital project management experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
- 2 years’ experience in industrial mechanical, process equipment and mineral process equipment and sales experience
- 3 years’ commercial tendering awareness documentation
- 2 years’ process plant and workshop experience and exposure
- Knowledge of general contracts processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience in managing EPC and EPCM capital projects within the mining / engineering / mineral processing environment.
- Must be able to handle and work under pressure
- Good business communication at all levels
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Able to manage difficult customers and honour customer commitments
- Good planning and organising skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Our client is a well-known and reputable player in slurry & material handling equipment.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer Mineral Process Equipment
(EE), Alberton – Ref: 1008853-31
Project Engineer Mineral Process (EE)
To view our other job listings, click here