Independent, self-sufficient and adventurous technocrat. Prefer to work in the field rather than being stuck in an office. Do you enjoy working with diverse people, cultures, and religions? You are a travel enthusiast and adventurous. Would you like to work for a small private company with none of the bureaucracy or micro-management of a corporate company? Are you self-motivated and driven requiring with very little supervision?
For this position, you would need to travel to the African continent, South and North America. You will travel approximately 6 times per year for 1 to 2 weeks at a time. As an After Sales & Service Engineer, you will provide ongoing customer service and technical information to the end user, support the international customer base and facilitate the sale of spare parts to that customer base with support from the entire company.
Job Qualification & Experience:
1. A formal tertiary qualification would be preferable but not essential. A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Diploma will considered.
2. The preferred qualification would be that of Mechanical Engineer having an aptitude and sound understanding of Electrical components, particularly Control Panels and Rectifiers.
3. The candidate will have to be amenable to learning and understanding the Metallurgical unit process of Gold Leaching, Adsorption and Elution.
4. This Metallurgical training and experience will be provided whist in the employ of our client.
5. It must be noted that candidates having and Electrical Engineering or Metallurgical qualification will be considered for this position. However, the candidate will have to commit to obtaining an overall Mechanical, Electrical and Metallurgical understanding.
6. A minimum of 5 years work experience is required, preferably with exposure to the Gold industry.
7. An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
8. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills as interacting, establishing and maintaining very good client relations is an essential component and key result area of this position.
9. Will be required to be a self-motivated / self-starter as this role is not discreetly overseen.
10. Will be required to possess good time management skills as the meeting of client defined deadlines is an imperative key result area.
Our client is known for its innovative approach to designing and manufacturing equipment that meets the specific needs of the mining and metallurgical industries.
It has the in-house expertise to help design, size, supply, install and commission capital equipment.
An equipment supplier primarily focused on gold recovery processes.
The predominant processes are gold leaching, carbon adsorption and elution.
The equipment range includes mechanical agitators, pumping and non-pumping interstage screens, pump cell circuits, carbon regeneration furnaces and electrowinning cells.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical or Metallurgist) looking for more diversity to be groomed into a Marketing/ After Sales Service Engineer with International travel – Ref: 118509-10
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here
To apply for this job email your details to Mirandi@enshrineplacements.com