Our client is well-known for their innovative approach to the design and manufacture of equipment that meet specific needs within the mining metallurgical industry. They are a looking for a Project Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing contracts for the manufacturing of propriety equipment. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to operate independently, must demonstrate a willingness to develop his own knowledge as the requirement of the position develops. Prepared to work as part of a team and be prepared to contribute to the development of other employees by sharing of knowledge within the company. Prepared to travel extensively, both locally (Southern Africa) and internationally.
Reports to: Product Manager.
Travel requirements: Extensive travel, both locally (Southern Africa) and internationally.
Job description / core competencies:
- Verify scope of work and ensure full scope is provided to client.
- Checking of drawings, mechanical & electrical.
- Placement of all orders associated with the manufacturing time lines to ensure completion of projects on time.
- Ensure quality of equipment.
- Communication with clients to ensure contractual compliance.
- Manage all commercial issues relating to contracts i.e. costing, contract cash-flow and client invoicing.
- Commissioning of equipment. Including travelling to remote sites.
- Foster a professional working relationship with the financial and marketing departments.
- Become actively involved in ensuring that the client after sale service levels are maintained / improved.
- Assist with the design of equipment and compiling of costing for proposal purposes.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Computer Literacy: MS Office. Autocad, Autodesk Inventor (Beneficial).
- 5 years of post-qualification experience including exposure to the manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Project cost control.
- Exposure to machine design.
- Basic understating of PLC systems and instruments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment and the ability to repair such units.
- Dimension verification of parts, using precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels within the company.
- Fault finding / repair of electrical control panels.
- Added advantages considered: PLC & Scada development.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Commissioning experience is important.
- Process plant like mining, water treatment or similar experience.
Our client is well-known for their innovative approach to the design and manufacture of equipment that meet specific needs within the mining metallurgical industry. They have the in-house expertise to assist with scoping, sizing, supply, installation and commissioning of capital equipment.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Manufacturing of Propriety Equipment (R450 000 – R550 000, er annum) – Ref: 1026839-55
To view our other job listings, click here