A strategic partner in energy management for major blue-chip companies. Operates and maintains its clients’ energy and utility plants. The company’s primary focus is the management of energy plants in the form of boiler houses using a variety of fuels (biomass to coal), with an emphasis on uptime and efficiency of the various assets. The company works with a number of industrial facilities nationwide to improve operational efficiency and reliability.
As a Project Engineer, you will be directly responsible for the execution of projects on a national level. This position reports to the Project Manager. You have a passion for project engineering and management and a keen interest in steam generation systems, fuel management (coal, HFO, biomass) and water treatment. You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years of field experience. You are willing to work extended hours and travel on short notice as needed.
Reports to: Project Manager
Travel requirements: Willing to work extended hours and travel at short notice as the need arises
The Project Engineer will be directly responsible for executing projects nationally that includes the following key performance areas:
- Evaluation, initiation, planning, design, execution (supervision), monitoring and closure of a project
- Track and report on project costs to budget
- Monitor and manage the project timing plan and take appropriate action as necessary
- Maintain a project file that documents all aspects of the project
- Manage the project team to ensure the project is delivered to the defined specification and client expectations
- Assist where needed to manage the on-site activities from a Construction Management point of view
- Communicate regularly to the various project stakeholders
Location (country, city): Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A BSc Mechanical Engineering degree
- Preferably 2 years’ in-field working experience
- Be willing to work extended hours and travel at short notice as the need arises
- Have a passion for project engineering and management
- Have an interest in energy and steam generation plant, fuel (coal, HFO, biomass) management, water treatment
- Good interpersonal skills to support working with contractor personnel at all levels and clients
- Some understanding of the OSHAct, in particular, the Construction Regulations
- Be motivated by challenging circumstances
- Be a self-starter and take initiative
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Exhibit a good command of the English language (speak, read, write)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
A strategic partner in energy management to major blue-chip companies. Operates and maintains their clients’ energy and utility plants. The primary focus of the business is on the management of energy plants in the form of boiler houses with varying forms of fuel (Biomass to Coal), focused on uptime and efficiency of the various plants. They work with a number of different industrial plants nationally to improve the operational efficiency and reliability.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Cape Town – Ref: 1215690
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org