For one of the largest design and supply of industrial refrigeration systems companies in southern Africa. A position has become available in its Cape Town office for an Engineer to add continued strength to
the projects arm of the company. The candidate will be trained and guided by the best technically-minded engineers within the industry to ensure continued value to the company’s clients and the industry it serves.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job description / core competencies:
· Project management of the construction of ammonia refrigeration systems.
· Ensure detailed planning and proactive procurement of material and resources.
· Liaising with clients’ technical management teams to formalize detailed quotations relating to maintenance or plant upgrades.
· Monitor quality of work as carried out by subcontractors.
· Manage subcontractors and project teams to ensure successful execution of projects.
· Ensure administrative closing of projects and invoicing thereof within correct periods.
· Ensure projects and jobs are done within budget and on time.
Location (country, city): Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
· Tertiary education within mechanical engineering field (degree or diploma) would be advantageous.
· Strong project management ability and understanding of mechanical systems.
· Able to work well with various people and cultures.
· Must have at least 3-5 years work experience within an engineering and project management environment.
· Must be able to manage sub-contractors and suppliers in order to abide to client expectations.
· Ability to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams (guidance will be provided).
· Computer literate (Excel, SAP, MS Projects, etc.)
· Willing to travel nationally and internationally at short notice.
· Willing to work overtime and over weekends.
· Able to excel in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
· Must be self-driven and passionate about project management.
A design, supply contractor with a vast amount of experience and expertise in the industrial refrigeration industry offering turnkey solutions to suit customer requirements. Strives to ensure their clients of the utmost attention to state-of-the-art, cost-effective and highly efficient installations at all times. They turn business dreams into success, they make it happen.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Cape Town – Ref: 1204189 710238-12
Project Engineer, Cape Town
To view our other job listings, click here