Our client is the market leader in slurry handling equipment. They currently have a vacancy for a Project Engineer. The successful incumbent will have a tertiary education in either Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and have Capital Project Management experience.
- Control and management of the process from recipient on internal project hand-over through to customer project hand-over including project deliverables such as data packs and O&M manuals.
- Review and implementation of Contract Terms and Conditions within delegation of Authority afforded by department.
- Cost and risks control in terms of the Project terms and conditions.
- Engage on a Technical and Commercial matters with clients.
- Engage on a Technical level with Internal Product Specialists.
- Engage with Sales team across all product lines.
- Engage with all Branches, both local and regional, in terms of transport support and commissioning.
- Co-ordinate and plan all technical and product information to ensure Project deliverables are compliant to.
- Client specification.
- Drive, co-ordinate and manage all Projects against agreed Project schedules to ensure on time delivery.
- Responsible for all Project planning and scheduling throughout the project life-cycle.
- Responsible for regular Client Project updates.
- Co-ordinate all Project related matters in full compliance with departmental SOP.
- Post Project delivery negotiations and close outs.
- Contributes to Projects team and shares knowledge with all.
- Adhere to all HSE and housekeeping requirements.
- Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric / Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Degree / B. Tech / National Diploma in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and MS Projects (Advance MS Office)
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- 5 years’ Capital Project Management experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- 2 years’ experience in Industrial, Mechanical, Process Equipment and Mineral Process Equipment and sales experience.
- 3 years’ Commercial Tendering awareness documentation.
- 2 years’ process plant and workshop experience and exposure.
- Knowledge of general contracts processes, procedures and systems.
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience in managing EPC and EPCM capital projects within the mining, engineering and mineral processing environment.
- Good business communication on all levels.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to manage difficult customers and honour customer commitments.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Our client is the market leader in slurry handling equipment with specialisation in the delivery and support of a wide range of slurry equipment solutions including pumps, hydro-cyclones, valves, dewatering equipment, wear-resistant linings, rubber products, screening machines and centrifuges. With the addition of Trio, this extends to crushers, feeders, washers and material handling equipment for hard rock mining, sand and aggregate, and industrial markets. This broad portfolio of highly engineered core mill circuit products finds application in critical customer processes and is backed throughout the product lifecycle by high levels of aftermarket support.