The Project Coordinator will work in collaboration with cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project deliverables on time, within budget and with quality results.
The Project Coordinator should be able to fulfill various duties and responsibilities and work closely with project managers to create comprehensive action plans concerning reporting, systems, resources, budgets and timeframes for projects.
Reports to: Head of Project management
Travel requirements: Core hours, on site work, office and site base mix. Office and construction on site environment, stay away from home for periods of time.
Job description / core competencies:
- Prepare on line report updates, track the status thereof and communicate to the team representing the reports, update the reports with the team and prepare for it to be viewed by management, and meet deadline requirements from the client.
- Participate in project meetings and identify areas which requires attention, follow through and ensure the risk has been actioned by the relevant discipline.
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches which may delay activities
- Plan and manage reporting schedules and update new information
- Coordinate with all team members to keep workflow and progressive actions on track
- Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary documents are current, properly filed and stored, such as for Study work and project related.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Adhere to project performance (Cost, time, resourcing) by monitoring and implementing measures with the project managers
- Provide updates on projects to clients and senior management team, as and when required
- Schedule project meetings per project plan and/or need.
- Communicate with clients on project specific activities, including meeting summaries and action items.
- Maintain project implementation schedule and related documents for assigned projects.
- Maintain and update Due Diligence documentation
- Ensure Due Diligence requests are addressed with the most current and appropriate documentation and actioned by the relevant discipline.
Location (country, city): National, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant technical post graduate qualification
- Postgraduate qualification in Project Management
- 4-6 years experience in the following:
- Project Management environment
- Operational environment
- Project Engineering (Advantage)
- Construction Management (Advantage)
- Supervisory experience (at least 2 years)
- Can communicate with team members, including relaying briefs, connecting daily tasks to larger goals, and providing context and support.
- Ensuring the team remains focused and on track, including addressing any conflicts or bottlenecks.
- Creating a vision around the project to provide team members with a sense of purpose and motivation.
- Offering less tangible and more emotional support to help a team stay focused on the goal.
- Fostering a workplace atmosphere that helps bring out the best in his or her team.
- Providing conflict resolution when pressure is high.
- Proposing and shepherding changes
- Creating solutions
- Be the custodian of change, create solutions, be a problem solver and a team integrator.
- Attention to communication by ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Expressing oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others
- Expressing oneself clearly in business writing
- Ability to plan and deliver communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audiences.
- Ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships internally and externally.
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and/or internal clients
- Understanding of the use and application of business information and reporting systems
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project or business unit
- Strong knowledge in the use and application of project controls systems and tools
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Project methodologies and Business management
- Project management with in a large organisation
- Industry Network
- Financial Management
- Portfolio management
- Human Resources
- Willingness to make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to perform with insight, acuteness and intelligence in the areas of commerce and/or industry.
- Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective
Self management competencies:
- Organization skills
- Requirement to meet deadlines and set goals
- Communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to function under pressure
- Administration skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Numerical skills
- Ability to instill trust
- Report writing
- Computer Literate
- Requirement to meet deadlines and set goals
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Problem solving
- Negotiation skills
Our client has a number of rebuild work contracts lined up for this year, with emphasis on project safety, on-time, within-budget delivery and to the required quality and standards. They have successfully managed and constructed small, medium and large projects in both Greenfield and Brownfield environments (established in the 1980’s).
Company with good moral values and standards going through a new growth phase due to exceptional service delivery and major project achievement award.
Creates environments where their greatest assets – people – are called, equipped and inspired to be their best, to join hands and collectively drive their purpose: Aim for excellence, service their clients and give back to their families and communities. Thus: the positive impact with a lasting impression of excellence.
Projects: from minor capital projects to major expansion process projects in the mining environment with a special focus on metal furnaces.
Have in-house knowledge to design and execute projects for processing and maintaining facilities from initial treatment of mined ore to the production of a saleable product.”
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Coordinator – National, South Africa – Ref: 1206147-4
To view our other job listings, click here