Our client is a leader in astronomy and highly optimised reflectors within South Africa. This is a world-class team that designs and builds state of the art receiver systems for the world’s most powerful radio telescopes. They currently have an opportunity for a Production Technician to take ownership of the assembly and testing of product ranges produced at the production facility.
Type: Contract which may well become a permanent position.
Reports to: Production Manager
To take ownership of the assembly and testing of product ranges produced at the production facility.
To share/transfer relevant knowledge and skills to technicians and other technical personnel.
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in electrical or electronic engineering with 2-3 years’ experience.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 certified production facility would be advantageous.
- A well-balanced, top achiever individual with a demonstrated track record.
- Eager to take ownership and be accountable.
- Able to lead, supervise and mentor.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with management and staff at all levels.
- Flexible enough for an SME environment.
- A general attitude of serving others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Goal-oriented, organised team player.
- General measurements – multimeter, oscilloscope, network & spectrum analyser.
- Experience with electronic assembly and testing.
- Advanced spreadsheets and word processing.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of RF principles (up to 10 GHz) would be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of fibre optics would be advantageous.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Technician, Somerset West – Ref: 1089958-8
To view our other job listings, click here.