Our client, an automotive OEM, is currently sourcing a Production Team Manager for their engine plant based in Gqeberha.
To summarise, the Production Team Manager will be managing SQDCPME aspects of the production area, setting priorities for performance based on volume requirements, monitor and ensure adherence to all elements of the production system, transform the business through relationship building and process improvement initiatives as well as manage the development of human capital and set an example for the team.
Responsibilities / accountabilities:
- Reviews production performance daily and priorities as required meeting production schedules (assure flawless start-up, JPH achievement, aging units, production target, product mix, material deliver, supplier integration, quality impact – through facility and supplier to JPH).
- Ensures that the entire workforce is adequately multi-skilled by rotating hourly and salaried production personnel thus ensuring that maximum use is made of employee potential while maximizing the security of continuity of operation.
- Ensures that all production operations adhere to procedures as established by Quality Control for the achievement of approved quality outcomes and targets, maintaining QPIP, drives quality back to base department by protecting the customer through quality inspection – QCM adjustment and root cause analysis.
- Facilitates out comes to Safety, Quality (SC/CC, DCD, ), and JPH
- Monitors cost expenditure to ensure that they do not exceed budget.
- Participates in PRT forums as a co-lead or support function.
- Understand & be a Coach in the company’s Production System.
- Hold team to standards of production facility
- Drive Kaizen and 6-sigma methodology
- Ensures objective and targets are met as outlined in SQDCPME Policy Deployment and scorecard of the department and individual (SQDCPME verifications, reviews, subordinates achieve their scorecard objectives and targets).
- Enforce Company Safety Regulations, Departmental Housekeeping, & Environmental Standards maintaining a healthy & safe work environment (i.e. ISO 9000 / ISO 14000 & TS 16949 procedures
Performance measures/ success criteria:
- Ensure Safety comes first methodology
- Ensure the principle of First time through and control scrap
- Drive efficiency
- Stay within budget in terms of cost
- Drive objectives such as absenteeism , people development , performance appraisals
- Ensure down time is minimize and response time to breakdowns and repairs
- Control Environment challenges e.g. water and electricity
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications and experience:
- National Diploma/Degree in Mechanical /Electrical/Industrial Engineering or Equivalent
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the related field in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA):
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and or remanufacturing concepts;
- Knowledge of quality systems;
- Ability to trace problems (Root cause analysis);
- Use dial indicators, callipers & micrometres for measurements and know how to read them.
- Foster functional & Technical Excellence
- Know and have a passion for our business and our customers;
- Demonstrate and build functional and technical excellence;
- Ensure process discipline;
- Have a continuous improvement philosophy and practice.
- Own Working Together
- Believe in skilled and motivated people working together;
- Include everyone, respect, listen to, help and appreciate others;
- Build strong relationships/be a team player/develop ourselves
- Communicate clearly, concisely and candidly.
- Role model company values
- Show initiative, courage, integrity and good corporate citizenship;
- Improve quality, safety and sustainability;
- Have a can do, find a way attitude and emotional resilience;
- Enjoy the journey & each other. Have fun – never at others’ expense.
- Deliver Results years
- Deal positively with our business realities, develop compelling & comprehensive plans while keeping an eye on the enterprise view;
- Set high expectations and inspire others;
- Make sound decisions using facts and data;
- Hold ourselves and others responsible and accountable for delivering results and satisfying our customers
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Being able to generate reports.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Team Manager (Machining) for OEM Engine Plant – Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) – Ref: 1206949
Production Team Manager (Machining) for OEM Engine Plant
To view our other job listings, click here