Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions. They are looking to appoint a Production Supervisor with 5 years’ experience in steel processing production operations to oversee the production process and to ensure alignment to business needs and strategy.
Reports to: Production Manager
Primary purpose: The incumbent will be responsible to manage, control and co-ordinate all employees and machines within his/her area of responsibility. Overseeing the production process to ensure the alignment to business needs and strategy.
Key performance areas (duties & responsibilities):
– Plan, organise and execute responsibilities in a cost-effective manner in order to achieve growth and profitability of the company.
– Manage the use of consumables, allocation of labour and overtime.
Supervision and control:
– Ensure the efficient supervision and control of all allocated responsibilities within the department as documented and inducted and within the guidelines, parameters and agreed targets of the company.
Human resources management:
– Ensure the efficient management of all employees within your area of jurisdiction with regards to utilization, development, team effort, discipline and motivation in conjunction with the immediate manager.
– Ensure that quality standards and procedures are maintained as stipulated in the documented procedures and work instructions.
Documentation and reporting:
– Ensure the meaningful, accurate, timeous and complete information is recorded on all documentation relative to your area of responsibility and the compilation of all performance statistics and reports.
Health, safety and environment:
– Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to without compromise.
Planning and co-ordination:
– Ensure the effective planning and co-ordination of all responsibilities within the area of responsibility.
– To make recommendations on any improvements in the operational area that could impact positively on all related responsibilities.
– Ensure that the housekeeping within the area of your control is maintained and improved continuously.
– Perform any other reasonable duties as allocated by management.
– To be able to communicate at all levels within the organization.
Location (country, city): Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Matric / Grade 12 qualification / Maths
- Completed 3-year National Diploma in Operations Management
- 5 years’ experience in steel processing production operations in a supervisory role or relevant experience
- Must have own transport and a driver’s license.
- E-mail and SAP Job Cards
- MS Word & Excel
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent steel knowledge essential, especially automotive steels and associated processing methods
- Must have knowledge of OHS Act and quality requirements
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime when required
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate the team
- Work on Schuler or Fagor Press advantageous
- Adhere to principles and values
- Apply good governance principles
- Deal effectively with change
- Enthusiastically productive
- Ability to motivate team
Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions.
The enormous processing plant in Germiston boasts state-of-the-art equipment and handles in excess of 700 000 tons of steel every year. They are able to maintain critical steel product stock levels, and have a vast transport infrastructure, which allows for rapid distribution of steel products. The branch incorporates all of the company’s products, services and divisions (except for the tube division) and they distribute a large variety of steel to the local structural and plate industries as well as the export market.
Products include automotive, cash sales, fabricated steel, flat products, long products as well as open sections. Services range from blanking, coil processing, cropping, export and trade, fabrication, slitting and guillotining to merchanting distribution and a service centre.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Supervisor with 5 years’ experience in steel processing production operations, Port Elizabeth – Ref: 1114236-16
To view our other job listings, click here