A leading, industrial IoT company, based in the picturesque Somerset West, developing AI-Augmented solutions. Well-reputed for signal processing, enterprise-level software engineering, and deep domain expertise they design and develop technologies that solve problems, and add value, to key global industries.
Their client base spans multiple continents including, but not limited to, Africa, Australasia and South America. They boast a very dynamic and highly qualified team, passionate about their respective fields.
They do not micromanage, they look after their employees, and they are experiencing continued growth. This is the perfect time to join their team and to make your expertise count by changing lives for the better.
As they are expanding, they are looking to appoint a tech-savvy and mechanically minded Production Supervisor who will assist the company’s Production Manager with overseeing and organizing equipment, staff and processes on the production floor.
Key requirements: Qualification in a technical, engineering, or relevant field. Experience in process control. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technology production/assembly. Experience in Bill of Materials (BOM), proficient in Unleashed or similar inventory management system, processes, and workflow control; project management; supply chain, and continuous improvement certification or practical experience of improving flow of a production/assembly/factory operation. Experience using various types of manufacturing machines/tools.
Production/Assembly order management:
- Take ownership of delivering orders on time, within budget and according to specification.
- Order scheduling and progress updates.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Create Bill of Materials and liaise with Finance to approve an place relevant orders.
- Improve and enforce the assembly processes and workflows.
- Understand and resolve operational issues.
- Enforce quality control procedures and ensure adherence.
- Implement and maintain Health & Safety policies for production site.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation by ensuring the safety of all employees.
- Managing the production process (from project kick-off to shipment).
- Shop floor management.
- Production job processing.
- Monitor production output according to specifications.
- Overseeing the manufacturing process and assisting where required with complex technical procedures.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Manage production staff (exp. leave, discipline, or any related staff queries).
- Managing production staff.
- Organize workflow and prepare schedules.
- Train and mentor production staff.
- Source suppliers or contractors to outsource work when needed.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors maintain good relationship, negotiating payment terms, discounts, etc.
Location (country, city): Somerset West, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Qualification in a technical, engineering, or relevant field will be an advantage.
- Experience in process control (ability to monitor and adjust to give a desired output).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technology production/assembly.
- Inventory and the management thereof.
- Bills of Materials.
- Processes and workflow control experience.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills, with a result driven approach.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience implementing the Health and Safety act of South Africa.
- Experience in the production environment and have a good understanding of inventory management.
- A tech-savvy and mechanically minded individual.
- A valid driver’s licence and own transport (might be required to travel to suppliers from time to time, KM travelled will be reimbursed according to SARS recommendations).
- 3 Years’ experience in a supervision role managing people.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Project management experience.
- Hands-on and mechanically minded.
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machines/tools.
- Proficient in Unleashed or similar Inventory management system.
- Continuous improvement certification or practical experience of improving flow of a
- Supply chain management experience.
- Proven implementation of quality policies and control.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Supervisor – Somerset West, Western Cape – Ref: 1208469-7
To view our other job listings, click here