Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions.
The enormous processing plant in Germiston boasts state-of-the-art equipment and handles in excess of 700 000 tons of steel every year. They are able to maintain critical steel product stock levels, and have a vast transport infrastructure, which allows for rapid distribution of steel products. The branch incorporates all of the company’s products, services and divisions (except for the tube division) and they distribute a large variety of steel to the local structural and plate industries as well as the export market.
Products include automotive, cash sales, fabricated steel, flat products, long products as well as open sections. Services range from blanking, coil processing, cropping, export and trade, fabrication, slitting and guillotining to merchanting distribution and a service centre.
Reports to: Operations Manager.
Key performance areas (duties & responsibilities):
- Manage Safety compliance with respect OHS act and company policies and procedures
- Drive safety culture to achieve all leading and lagging indicators and housekeeping standards
- Control product Quality to ensure maximum prime yield and zero defects to customer as per the documented procedures and works instructions
- Maximise machine utilisation
- Optimal planning of manpower resources
- Skills development and training of supervisors and operators to improve productivity
- Daily/weekly/monthly reporting of production performance
- Coordination of maintenance services, outages and break downs on machines
- Conduct machine inspections to improve reliability
- Monitor and control the correct operation of machines
- Monitor and control the effective use of consumables
- Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas
- Plan, organise, monitor and control production process
- Manage time and attendance
- Perform any other duties allocated by management.
Location (country, city): Germiston, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Matric / Grade 12 qualification with mathematics and science
- Diploma in operations management / technical qualification will be an added advantage
- 5 years of experience in steel processing production operations in a supervisory role or relevant experience
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and own transport
- E-mail and SAP Job Cards
- MS Word & Excel
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent Steel knowledge essential
- Must have knowledge of OHS Act and quality requirements
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime when required
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate the team
- Adhere to principles and values
- Apply good governance principles
- Deal effectively with change
- Enthusiastically productive
- Ability to motivate team
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Foreman for Steel Processing Production Operations in Germiston – Ref: 1114236-2
To view our other job listings, click here