Our client currently has an opportunity for a Production Foreman to Plan, organize and monitor work done on the production floor as well as Identifying and implementing areas for continuous improvement.
The successful incumbent will have 5-7 years relevant supervisory/foreman managerial experience in a Manufacturing Engineering industry or similar and a Minimum qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Artisan.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Job description / core competencies:
- Plan, organize and monitor work done on the production floor
- Identify and implement areas for continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality requirements
- Plan work to ensure that tasks are completed on time and according to required standard
- Organize resources (staff, equipment and materials) to ensure that tasks are completed as planned
- Ensure that work requirements and standards are communicated to all production employees
- Monitor the standard of work completed and report any deviations to the Branch Manager and National Operations Manager
- Identify areas for improvement in and around the work area
- Train and coach team members on production processes and Safety and Health processes
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures
- Ensure that the delivery and collection of goods is conducted in accordance with correct procedures and processes
- Ensure goods are loaded and off loaded according to company standards and procedures
- Ensure that only trained employees operate lifting equipment and machinery
- Loads must be checked to ensure the correct quantity of goods is collected or delivered
- Responsible for time keeping of the production team
- Manage discipline of the production team by following the correct processes
- Responsible for performance management of the production team
- Ensure equipment is maintained and repaired timeously
- Manage job scheduling
- Conduct field service as required.
Location (country, city): Durban, Kwa Zulu Natal
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 years relevant supervisory/foreman managerial experience in a Manufacturing Engineering industry or similar
- Good leadership skills are a prerequisite
- Minimum qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Artisan
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft package
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Production Foreman – Durban, Kwa Zulu Natal – Ref: 1210491-1
To view our other job listings, click here