Our client is looking for a Development Programme Product Manager who is a master at strategic orientation and leading change.
The successful incumbent will have a Bachelor’s Degree (Production, Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Commercial Business) together with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Production Area Rotation to understand and demonstrate evidence of learning on production quantity and quality products – throughput, output, planning, preventative maintenance planning, manning, process improvement – improved efficiencies.
- Collaboration with Engineering Maintenance for the development of contingency plans – in event of breakdowns or modifications/upgrades machinery; corrective action plans – low volume or poor quality; production capability.
- Scheduled time with Plant Controlling for understanding of company’s planning of budget and terminology and construct budget proposals – monthly and annual forecasts, financial and manning; controlling of expenditure & overtime daily; capital expenditure – creation of capital request; ensure correct manning level – monthly reviews, planning and forward thinking.
- Must produce evidence of leading problem solving and leadership diagnostics to demonstrate competency to drive and steer problem solving and address systemic business risk or vulnerabilities.
- Mentored by the Production Manager to deliver production improvements – efficiency drives; process owner of projects, new equipment, replacement or improvements; 5S – implementation.
- People Management, coaching with HRBP Manufacturing and HR Centres of Excellence to manage, lead, guide and assist associates in the area; training and development of associates; manning – future plans, recruitment; mentoring, coaching & motivating, performance agreements – monthly reviews with direct reports; Service Level Agreements – 3 monthly reviews with all employees; production performance – report KPI’s, speed, quality, cost and morale – daily and monthly; audits, process specifications, guidance, book of requirements creation.
- Undergo ESH Training to meet compliance regulations with all OHS & EHS policies & procedures; chair monthly OHS meetings; conduct regular inspections to identify risk & implement corrective actions; ensure good housekeeping practices.
Country: South Africa
Location: Port Elizabeth
Job Qualification & Experience:
Mandatory Educational Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree qualification in Production, Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Commercial Business.
- 5 or more years’ leading of leaders experience.
- Proven experience of 5 or more years within a manufacturing environment with high complexity.Big Six Capabilities such as:
- Vision: Strategic Orientation and Leading Change
- Entrepreneurship: Profit and Quality Orientation
- Execution: Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Drive: Leading and Steering and Passion and Commitment
- Learning: Building up Business Acumen and Coaching Others
- Interaction: Clear and Open Communication, Networking, Fostering Teamwork, Motivating Others
Intercultural Sensitivity, Promoting Diversity
With sales of €34.5 billion in 2014, our client is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 200,000 employees in 53 countries. The Tyre Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. The broad product range and continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. As one of the world’s leading tyre manufacturers with more than 47,000 employees, the Tyre Division achieved sales of €9.8 billion in 2014.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.