An industry leading company that develops, manufactures and distributes heat transfer products and services is looking for a Product Development Engineer with a Bachelor degree and at least three years of work experience in a technical environment and a keen interest in Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, selection and engineering of new products, product improvements and special non-standard items. You will coordinate all activities related to specific product or accessory development and improvement projects. An important link between field representatives, engineering and marketing. Provides technical and commercial support to the field for all the product and service solutions offered by the company, including specialized projects. You will also assists in the preparation and distribution of marketing, pricing and technical information.
Reports to: Manager of Engineering & Quality
- Design of special executions. Gives support to the designers within the department by coordinating specific design and development projects for new products and accessories.
2. New product development. Plays an active role in the development of new products from concept and design to implementation and assistance of production with the construction of prototypes and pilots.
3. Support and Expertise:
- Analyses special selection requirements and prepares proposals for technical solutions concerning standard and non-standard product offerings.
b. Develops special information for internal use (procedures, special unit execution) and information for representatives.
c. Provides technical assistance for the field sales force based upon product and heat transfer knowledge.
d. Provides advice on product and quality improvements.
4. Leadership. As a technical expert, provides advice on product and quality improvements
5. Planning / Coordination. Coordinates special and large projects with engineering and manufacturing. Assists in arranging factory tours, product presentations for incoming field representatives or customers.
6. Product Management. Makes proposals for new product improvements, including technical and commercial solutions, price list, provides product pricing for new units and spares.
7. Marketing. Prepares and assists in the implementation of sales and technical literature such as sales bulletins, catalogues, specifications.
Country: South Africa
Location: Philippi, Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor degree and at least three years of work experience in a technical environment with a keen interest in Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics.
By previous work experiences, used to work with conflicting deadlines and able to work with different departments.
Good knowledge of the Office programs, Inventor (or similar), knowing how to work with an ERP package is an advantage.
Expresses him/herself in speech and writing in a clear and concise way.
Has strong analytical, reasoning and judgement skills.
An analytical thinker who works precise and pragmatic with a result-driven, but diplomatic approach.
Is driven to meet objectives and deadlines.
Flexible and eager to learn in order to expand technical knowledge.
Is good at organizing different projects at the same time and can handle detailed level as well as overall level.
A proactive problem solver with the ability to analyze a problem and find suitable solutions.
Has experience in engineering and large project handling, preferable in a production environment.
A real team player who takes ownership of problems and has a drive to finish projects.
Is customer minded with an open communication style at all levels.
Can handle stressful situations by staying focused and accurate at all times.
Our client leads the industry pertaining to the development, manufacture and distribution of heat transfer products and services. Known not only for their innovative cooling solutions, but also for their respect of the environment and the water/energy resources their products save along with a continuous focus on research, development and innovation.
Cooling solutions offered include energy saving, water saving, plume control, sound control, hygiene control and water care, air conditioning, industrial manufacturing, refrigeration systems and district cooling.
Though their primary focus is on the overall sustainability and profitability of the company, they place equal importance on the interests and development of their employees. They are a dynamic, close-knit and fun-loving team, open to innovation and change and expecting only the best from their peers they look forward to welcoming a new team member that is equally passionate, dedicated, innovative and able to take a stand; inherently prone to taking ownership and accountability for their work.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Product Development Engineer (R251 000 – R350 000, per annum), Philippi (Cape Town) – Ref: 620557-4
Product Development Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here