Bring your qualification in, and experience with, industrial product design, together with your proficiency in 3D surface modelling using any CAD and help take this team to new heights.
Primary purpose: In this position you are responsible for the creation of new consumer product designs for the most recognised brands, starting with the first sketches up to the final 3D model.
You will be part of a very collaborative, global design network which consists of more than 30 product designers in 5 continents.
- You are a talented hand sketcher
- You are proficient in 3D surface modelling using any CAD system
- Creativity is your way of approaching new designs and challenges.
You will enjoy:
• Generating creative concept designs, utilising free hand sketches and renderings to create compelling and aesthetically pleasing design presentations
• Using CAD systems for the creation of parametric 3D models including surface modelling, product assemblies and technical 2D drawings, under the consideration of technical feasibility and customer specification
• Interacting internally with ALPLA project managers and process experts and externally with clients to create technically feasible designs
• Conducting design meetings and workshops with customers
• Collaborating within the global design network
• Having a smooth beginning with a training period of 4 – 6 months
Location (country, city): Lanseria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Your competencies and qualifications:
• Excellent command of the written and spoken English language
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or closely related field
• Three or more years’ experience in industrial or product design
• Knowledge of digital design tools for graphic illustrations like Adobe Photoshop or equivalent apps.
• A combination of art and engineering, creativity and technical knowledge
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Product Designer, Lanseria – Ref: 1026839-172
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here