Our client designs and manufactures a highly-engineered portfolio of products and services tailored to a wide range of applications for the minerals, oil & gas and power industries. They embrace complex technical requirements to deliver superior, world class, on-site services results for customers globally.
They are currently sourcing a bright, enthusiastic, high-level Procurement and Sourcing Manager to implement sourcing strategy and structure from scratch and to manage Buyers.
Reports to: Reports to Supply Chain Director.
Job description / core competencies:
Procurement Strategy, Analysis and Tracking:
- Development and implementation of supply strategies for key product categories.
- Perform continuous cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency and benefit for the company.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending.
- Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Drive transformation (BBBEE spend), grow preferential procurement and increase LCC sourcing.
- Drive cost reduction and cost containment of all company spend both direct and indirect.
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement.
- Develop spend analysis dashboards that will be available daily running off ERP, indirect procurement data and any other system data.
Sourcing & Tendering:
- Lead the sourcing, request for information, request for proposal and request for quote processes for the business requirements.
- Ensure that agreements effectively mitigate risk exposure to the company.
- Negotiate, write and maintain contracts for all suppliers.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
- Managing supplier compliance pricing, quality, delivery, quantities and place requirements.
- Develop supplier management processes to enable effective supply to the company. Examples include supplier order book management, S&OP views and the impact on the specific supplier.
- Manage supplier performance actively through order book management, face to face performance reviews and a hands-on approach to developing and managing action plans with suppliers to correct any unacceptable performance. This is not only limited to 3rd party supply but includes sister company supply.
- Achieve and maintain overall supply base KPI’s.
- Collaborate with all key stakeholders to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company are understood and met.
- Manage and participate in supplier audits and ensure compliance to contracts.
- Ensure capacity management is applied in the supply base through the effective management of supplier performance and understanding constraints to production and supplier capacity. And to this end ensure that pattern and tooling maintenance and management is applied to ensure that sufficient capacity exists to produce to market requirements and to support the company growth plan.
- Effective supplier capacity management by matching demand with process capacity and tooling at 2nd and 3rd tier supplier (i.e. machine shops and foundry)
- Responsible for supplier master file, purchasing procedures and audit requirements.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services in accordance with the authority matrix.
Measurement and Reporting:
- Track, measure and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness and performance.
- Track progress against the strategy developed for sourcing and procurement and develop action plans to improve or accelerate the performance to ensure success.
- Ensure effective control and tracking of pattern and mould equipment location, condition and capacity and any other data that from time to time may be required for effective management and control of company tooling.
Systems & Maintenance:
- Item master maintenance with regards to supplier, buyer and lead times and any other data from time to time that may be related to the wider supply chain, sourcing or procurement functions.
- Take ownership of any other systems and the maintenance thereof that my from time to time be used or developed by sourcing and procurement, or the wider supply chain.
Leadership & Professional Due Diligence:
- Develop and manage the sourcing, procurement and tooling teams to obtain technical and commercial knowledge to ensure best practice.
- Provide effective leadership and management of the strategic sourcing, procurement and tooling team to enable it to deliver to expectation.
- Ensure objectives of the department are met by driving a culture of accountability and execution in your teams combined with effective performance measurements (KPIs) and management.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes.
- To ensure effective governance. Manage the development of policies, procedures and work instructions within your department and contribute to the wider supply chain and business process improvements if and when required.
- To effectively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Manage the ERP system, issues with suppliers, customers, etc.
- Manage the development of policies, procedures and work instructions.
- To manage the commercial value add of discipline projects and programs.
- Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
- Ensure adherence of all SHE and housekeeping requirements.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg (SA), Alrode
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Business management and leadership capability, embracing operational performance, production and customer interaction, knowledge of budgets and financial controls.
- Innovation and lateral thinking will be evident traits in the successful candidate. They will be capable of providing clear strategic vision and motivating and leading a team to deliver against the vision.
- A fast learner with an open manner and good interpersonal skills who can adapt quickly to the company’s operating environment and establish trust and respect at all levels internally and externally.
- Detail and result-orientated with excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- BSc/BEng with experience in supply chain management and/or
- Master’s in business administration with at least 5 years’ sourcing and procurement experience.
- MBA will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ sourcing and procurement experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and a manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- A track record of successful performance and people management.
Our client designs and manufactures a highly-engineered portfolio of products and services tailored to a wide range of applications for the minerals, oil & gas and power industries. They embrace complex technical requirements to deliver superior, world class, on-site services results for customers globally. Their priorities are People, Customers, Technology and Performance; with a code of conduct that provides a clear framework, with detailed expectations for all employees, partners and suppliers. As a result they are able to maintain their operational excellence and to continually advanced their innovation and collaborative manufacturing methods. An organisation with high ethical standards, with a focus on minimising the environmental impact and delivering enduring value to their customers and people.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Procurement & Sourcing Manager, Johannesburg – Ref: 1026839-76
Procurement & Sourcing Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.