Our client is a global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
They are currently sourcing an Process/Sales Engineer to manage the sales and marketing of Clean TeQ water treatment and metal recovery products and all related client support.
The ideal candidate will have a Chemical Engineering qualification with at least 3 years of experience in a water treatment environment, especially related to ion exchange and associated technology; able to achieve sales targets by sustainable growth via business development.
Job description / core competencies: To manage the sales and marketing of Clean TeQ water treatment and metal recovery products and all related client support.
- Achievement of sales targets with sustainable growth via business development, e.g. client visits.
- Marketing plan is updated quarterly.
- Review support for all enquiries relating to process water purification, metals recovery and filtration or liquid / solid separation when expedient.
- Support for managing the Clean Teq specialist / principal relationship on behalf of the company.
- Technical input and support for quotations / tenders with regards to proposed solutions with recommendations on new installations.
- Installation supervision and commissioning assistance of mobile plant.
- Market activities are reported on as per departmental requirements, e.g. business platform.
- Questionnaires and presentations are updated as required.
- New brochure input, website content, editorials and conference / exhibition activities as required.
- Relevant papers are presented at applicable forums.
- Customer requests, queries and complaints are managed.
- Process and technical support and adherence to client requirements / specifications where applicable.
- Designated clients are visited as defined by management and schedule.
- Marketing related information is provided for decision marking, budgeting and other requirements specified by management.
- Training for clients, operations and other plant personnel on maintenance and operation.
- Potential after sales service or other contracts is discussed with clients.
- All commissioning / inspection check lists on all water purification product and centrifuge and filter press products are prepared and viewed as and when possible.
- Component identification support on spares / breakdown as needed.
- Projects are managed / coordinated with help of partners on all product once ordered to ensure effective installation and operation.
- Record of installed database of process equipment and acquisition of related process and operational data is maintained.
- Process data is validated against equipment simulation and performance prediction models before and after a sale to ensure application validation and guarantees where applicable.
- Laboratory test work as per procedures and compile reports.
- On site piloting work with test right.
- All expenditures are submitted in time as per company policy.
Quality and Safety
- QA/QC procedures are adhered to and internationally accepted standards are maintained.
- All safety procedures are adhered to as per business and OHSA requirements.
- Compilation and updating of operating and maintenance manuals to ensure SHEQ compliance as required.
Key work outputs (results required):
- Organised the communication: Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- Adjusts to the audience: Frames message in line with audiences experience, background and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that have meaning for the audience.
- Ensures understanding: Seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Presenting: Delivers presentations that are professional and audience specific.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Product knowledge: Displays appropriate understanding of the company’s products and pricing in relation to job output.
- Engineering and technology: Displays solid knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Keeps up to date through reading technical material and attending conferences and events.
- Seeks to understand customers: Seeks information to understand customers circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Educates customers: Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Takes action to meet customer needs and concerns: Considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments.
Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Demonstrates capability: Presents products, services, or ideas in a manner that clearly shows how they would meet needs and proved benefits; builds confidence in the products, services or ideas.
- Ensures high quality: Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected; works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments.
- Takes responsibility: Accepts responsibility for outcomes of ones work; admits mistakes and refocuses efforts when appropriate.
- Seeks learning activities: Identifies and participates in appropriate learning activities that help fulfil learning needs.
- Applies knowledge or skill: Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job; furthers learning through trial and error.
- Continuously learns about process applications to allow for sustainable growth capital sales application knowledge.
- Identifies safety issues and problems: Detects hazardous working conditions and safety problems.
- Takes corrective action: Reports or corrects unsafe working conditions; makes recommendations or improves safety procedures.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma: Chemical Engineering (BSC degree preferred).
- At least 3 years experience in a water treatment environment, especially related to ion exchange and associated technology.
A global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Process Sales Engineer, Water Treatment – Ref: 87489-19
Process Sales Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here