Our client, a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services, currently has an opportunity for a Process Engineer (BSc Chemical Engineering) with 5 to 7 years of experience in an EPC/M environment; a meticulous and analytical problem solver who is able to multitask, work under tight deadlines and cope with frequently changing priorities.
- Development of P&IDs.
- Prepare layout drawings and plot plan reviews.
- Prepare chemical datasheets and material specifications.
- Prepare simulation models.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Prepare design specification development.
- Contribute and participate in design reviews.
- Prepare project standard specifications and design criteria.
- Compile design calculations sheets.
- Prepare PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams).
- Prepare P&IDs (Piping & Chemical Diagrams).
- Prepare development heat & material balance.
- Prepare process equipment datasheets.
- Develop equipment & line lists.
- Develop material selection diagrams.
- Develop design conditions.
- Perform calculations (relief-valve, control-valve, depressurizing, line-sizing & pressure drop).
- Compile cause & effect diagrams.
- Participate and scribe HAZOP techniques to improve plant design safety.
- Perform DHSE plans, which arise from the use of hazardous materials.
- Perform research of processes and systems used in the discipline to understand the chemical design processes.
- Conduct site visitations to approve work carried out.
- Collaborate with the drafting team to ensure all drawings and designs are in-line with project specifications.
- Liaising with various departments to successfully complete the process scope of work.
- Prepare and Perform technical bid analysis & tabulation which will be used to select appropriate vendors.
- Provide solutions based on client requirements that are in line with the company’s business model.
- Assist in conducting technical / feasibility studies and investigations.
- Assist in compiling process studies (process consumer load list for CSA department).
- Attend project progress, interactive planning sessions and kick-off meetings.
- Adhere & ensure compliance of contracts national / international standards & specifications.
- Adhere to company’s standardized practices, procedures and general work instruction.
- Adhere to engineering national standards & specifications.
- Adhere to process engineering procedures, policies & work instructions.
- Adhere to HSE policies & procedures.
- Timeous completion of weekly timesheets.
- Maintain good ethical behavior & practices at all times.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
BSC Chemical Engineering
EPC / EPCM Environment
Petro-Chemical, Oil & Gas or Similar Environment
Exposure to Multi-Office Project Experience
Exposure to Multi-Project Phase Experience
Knowledge & experience with MS Office packages (create spreadsheets, registers, reports, presentations, workflows, etc.)
Knowledge of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
Knowledge of codes of practice relevant to industry.
Knowledge of national and international standards.
Basic knowledge of process engineering design & principles.
Proficient with engineering tools and software.
Knowledge and ability to perform technical evaluations for standard and non-standard (requisitioned) materials.
Our client is a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Process Engineer (Petrochem) – Secunda – Ref: 1085458-4
To view our other job listings, click here.