With experience in Mechanical, Process, Metallurgical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Piping, Civil & Structural Engineering our client is a multi-disciplinary total solutions provider offering engineering, project management, construction and O&M to the mining and minerals, construction, industrial, energy and power sectors in South and Southern Africa.
Manages conceptual development, design, engineering, construction through to commissioning and commercial operation. Supplies permanent, innovatively engineered solutions and complete services to establish construction, processing, material handling and environmental control.
Looking for the services of a highly motivated Process Engineer to strategically contribute to the growth of the organisation. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working closely with other Engineers, the Process Engineer will provide engineering services and/or field support.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Preliminary cost estimates for potential projects and budget proposal.
- Develop solutions in all areas of the process plant across various systems, unit operations and process equipment.
- Develop process engineering deliverables, solutions to infield problems, and involvement in the execution and commissioning of these solutions.
- Perform process engineering tasks on pyrometallurgical projects, in a variety of commodities.
- When requested, act as Lead Process Engineer on projects or studies.
- Operate with full competence and independence in the execution of all design calculations, design criteria, in the compilation and execution of equipment lists and calculations.
- Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy. Provide frequent training, guidance and supervision to junior colleagues.
- Actively engage with clients to understand project requirements.
- Define the process design criteria.
- Compilation of Process Flow Diagrams, along with associated mass and energy balance calculations.
- Undertake trade off studies to resolve options.
- Identify, scope and manage process test work (on site or laboratory based).
- Carry out engineering design calculations and equipment sizing calculations.
- Prepare specifications of process attributes for equipment, through compilation of process datasheets (or process input to general datasheets).
- Design of the process control logic adhering to appropriate safety standards, and documentation into functional descriptions.
- Display full competence and independence in the compilation of P & IDs and all levels of control philosophies.
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent.
- Compile operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labor, maintenance materials and power.
- Contribute to the development and or refining of all ISO aligned, process systems and procedures.
Location (country, city): Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced understanding of process design principles.
- Primary handling of ores with respect to mineral processing.
- All aspects of process plant design and operation.
- Industry codes/standards and interdepartmental practices and procedures.
- Pricing, tendering and budgeting principles, tools and control.
- Safety consciousness and application of good practice health and safety.
- Good understanding of best practises in the mining industry.
- Project construction, supervision, commissioning and handover.
- Listening to, interpreting and understanding feedback from clients and team members.
- The ability to work under pressure and to achieve deadlines.
- Organisational skills, planning, project management and prioritising ability.
- Exceptional knowledge with IT functions like MS Office.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to lead processing engineering tasks on a project, within the allocated budget and schedule, including mentoring and guidance of junior colleagues.
- Professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Understanding of the mining, minerals processing and metals industry and associated equipment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven minimum 8 years’ experience within the EPCM industry
- Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering degree
- Registered with ECSA or ZIE as a Pr Eng/Tech Eng
- Project Management qualification an added advantageous.
Multi-disciplinary ‘total solutions provider’ built on a solid foundation of a group of engineers and support professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in engineering, construction, maintenance, and infrastructure development across multiple industries in South and Sothern Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Process Engineer (Chem. /Metall. Degree & ECSA /ZIE registered Pr. Eng /Tech Eng) with 8+ years’ EPCM experience in Mining and Mineral Processing – Harare, Zimbabwe – Ref: 121043-6
To view our other job listings, click here.