We are currently looking for a Process Controller that is based in the Worcester Area or willing to relocate at own cost, to monitor the performance of the plant within a shift period, do the required water analysis, compile and issue relevant reports, adjust the parameters of the plant in order to achieve the required water quality and quantity and to attend to housekeeping duties.
The ideal candidate will be registered as a Class III Process Controller with three or more years of experience in water treatment and/or biogas plant operation along with a valid driver’s licence (code EB). Experience as a Lab Technician (sampling & analyses) and/or experience in anaerobic treatment technologies would be an advantage. Forklift license would also be an advantage.
Reports to: Plant Supervisor / Snr Process controller
Job description / core competencies:
- Coordinate, control and monitor all operational activities on the plant within a shift period.
- Collect samples and complete analyses in the site laboratory as per the prescribed monitoring programme.
- Report preventative & corrective maintenance on plant equipment as encountered.
- Monitor and control plant operations via the plant SCADA system.
- Perform manual operations and process interventions as per the prescribed operating procedures.
- Accurate record-keeping of plant interventions and activities for future reference, including log sheets, incident and shift reports.
- Adhere to safety procedures and guidelines aligned with the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as site specific Method statements, Risk Assessments & SHE Protocol.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and plant operation cost effectiveness.
- Respond appropriately and decisively during plant emergencies.
- Carry out specific tasks & instructions as directed by the Plant Supervisor.
- Assist with coordination of activities of third-party contractors to minimize disruption of plant processes.
- Ensure total confidentiality of all information, internal and external, pertaining to the business of the Company.
Location (country, city): Worcester, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- NQF level 4 qualification (Matric)
- Registration as a Class III Process Controller will be an advantage
- National Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Three or more years of experience in water treatment and/or biogas plant operation
- Required to work outside normal working hours, shifts, during emergencies and planned overtime
- Required to work in all weather conditions
- Be responsible, reliable and work independently
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Valid Drivers Licence (code EB)
- Experience as a Lab Technician (sampling & analyses) would be an advantage
- Experience in anaerobic treatment technologies would be an advantage
- Forklift license would be an advantage
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Process Controller (FMCG Waste Water) – Worcester, Western Cape – Ref: 981728-35
To view our other job listings, click here