Our client designs and manufactures a highly-engineered portfolio of products and services tailored to a wide range of applications for the minerals, oil & gas and power industries. They embrace complex technical requirements to deliver superior, world class, on-site services results for customers globally.
They are currently sourcing a Plant Manager with manufacturing experience to manage Production and Maintenance Managers as a 16.2 Appointee (responsible for OHS).
Reports to: Operations Director.
Job description / core competencies:
- Responsible for the overall performance and ongoing development of the Operations Division at Alrode and in line with the requirements of the Divisional Business Plan.
- Leading the strategic development process of the Operations Division within the parameters and timeframes set down within the divisional plan.
- Plan and direct the Operations Division’s activities to achieve the agreed targets and standards, particularly in attaining the required recoveries and manage expenses in order to obtain the required profitability for the company.
- Being actively involved in all new and existing strategic projects to ensure the Operations Division’s plans are met.
- Ensure the complete adoption of ‘lean principles’ throughout the Operations Division, maintaining a continuous improvement culture through proper management controls, personnel training and development.
- Participate and collaborate with divisional businesses to achieve best practice.
- Recruit, select and develop operations team members ensuring good team interaction and competent management of all operations functions.
- Direct functions and performance via the operations management team and ensure accountability.
- Maintain and develop the right organisational culture, values and reputation in support of its markets and with all staff, internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.
- Manage the Operations Division to meet production output targets.
- Quality and productivity.
- Development and introduction of new business, products and launches.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies are implemented and adhered to and to have zero tolerance of any breach of these policies and procedures.
- Fulfil the function of 16.2 Appointee.
- Ensure full compliance of all company policies and procedures.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg (SA), Alrode
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Business management and leadership capability, embracing operational performance, supply chain and customer interaction, knowledge of budgets and financial controls.
- A demonstrable track record of success in the engineered product manufacturing sector.
- Ability to create and manage a high performance manufacturing business and be capable of driving top and bottom line growth.
- Innovation and lateral thinking will be evident traits in the successful candidate. They will be capable of providing clear strategic vision, and motivating and leading a team to deliver against this vision.
- A fast learner with an open manner and good interpersonal skills who can adapt quickly to the company’s operating environment and establish trust and respect at all levels internally and externally.
- Detail and results orientated with excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Additional business qualification would be an advantage
- Computer Literate – MS Office Suite, BAAN
- 10 years’ production management in an ISO and OHSAS accredited business.
- 5 years’ experience as a legally appointed section 16.2.
- 5 years’ experience with actively managing a continuous improvement programme in world class manufacturing, TQM, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing.
- A track record of successful performance and people management.
Our client designs and manufactures a highly-engineered portfolio of products and services tailored to a wide range of applications for the minerals, oil & gas and power industries. They embrace complex technical requirements to deliver superior, world class, on-site services results for customers globally. Their priorities are People, Customers, Technology and Performance; with a code of conduct that provides a clear framework, with detailed expectations for all employees, partners and suppliers. As a result they are able to maintain their operational excellence and to continually advanced their innovation and collaborative manufacturing methods. An organisation with high ethical standards, with a focus on minimising the environmental impact and delivering enduring value to their customers and people.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Plant Manager, Johannesburg – Ref: 1026839-77
To view our other job listings, click here.