Solutions for a changing world. “Voted among the top employers to work for and 100 of Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
Our client is currently sourcing a Plant Engineering General Manager to provide strategic guidance to the Plant Engineering portfolio to meet the company’s business objectives as well as ensuring client satisfaction.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Primary purpose: The main purpose of this job is to add value to the company’s business plan by transforming acquired plant engineering business opportunities into financial prosperity by means of effective management thereof for the company. This position provides strategic guidance to the Plant Engineering portfolio to meet the company’s business objectives as well as ensuring client satisfaction.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead an executive team in the design, development, fabrication, construction, commissioning and integration of ammunition production facilities and training solutions in the defence environment.
- Recruit and form a strong knowledgeable, multi-disciplinary team from the international and local market to enable quick success, thus ensuring the establishment of critical technologies in the company.
- Create and monitor personal and overhead budgets in accordance with company guidelines.
- Develop and/or acquire new technologies and capabilities as a strategic extension of the company’s international Plant Engineering business.
- Implement and offer the new capability to the market through the company’s New Business Development and Sales structure.
- Establish and maintain standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Create and negotiate co-operation agreements with industrial partners for achieving business objectives.
- Ensure the implementation of the latest technologies and processes into engineering solution on foreign as well as company opportunities.
- Provide innovate solutions, as alternatives, to the current product offering and to match international standards.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the chemical plant.
- Foster transformation and employment equity in the department in lieu of the company objectives.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications and Experience:
- BEng/BSc Process, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar qualification.
- A minimum of 10 years applicable experience in process engineering.
- Experience with change management processes and project management.
- Demonstrated experience with interaction with clients.
- Must have advanced knowledge of engineering and engineering design principles.
- Must have advanced understanding of contract management principles.
- Must have strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a business division, forming and leading a successful high-calibre team.
Be innovative and creative.
Strong leadership abilities.
Strong negotiation and management abilities.
Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to interact with local and international contacts.
The role calls for a highly energetic, self-driven, independent, self-motivated person with excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure. The incumbent will work in a professional manner at all times taking ownership of ensuring they stay on top of things and being responsive and flexible to the dynamic, fast changing environment. Candidates must possess high levels of integrity together with strong self-leadership and team leadership abilities.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Plant Engineering General Manager – Ref: 1066415-3
Plant Engineering General Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.