Our client is seen as an international, leading specialist in contract operation and maintenance (O&M) of metal and mineral processing facilities in the coal, platinum, gold, iron ore and diamond industries at major mines in several countries.
This is an opportunity to broaden your commodity experience and work with a professional, results-focused team that requires excellence. Apply and join this global, world-class, listed engineering firm.
Reports to: Plant Manager (who reports into Area Manager)
Primary purpose: The purpose of this position is to manage the asset care management system according to engineering standards, legislative and client requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Control the allocation of work to ensure the achievement of results according to client needs and service objectives.
- Coordinate the integration of the operational plans with engineering systems to ensure maximum plant availability according to organizational objectives.
- Assess the requirements of the law, and ensure the implementation and adherence to all requirements within the responsibility area.
- Provide technical support to the operation on engineering related matters to minimize possible engineering risk.
- Prepare short, medium and long-term maintenance plans to meet business objectives and ensure that these plans are executed.
- Analyse and interpret maintenance trends and variances, and initiate change.
- Ensure compliance to legislative requirements, engineering standards and specifications.
- Plan and co-ordinate major shutdowns with internal and external clients to ensure the timeous allocation of resources.
- Assess areas of maintenance where outsourcing or partnerships would be appropriate, and make recommendations.
- Coordinate the preparation of all project technical documents to ensure that the technical content and cost are within the scope of work.
- Direct or prepare and evaluate the technical aspects of procurement according to the project scope and organisational procedures.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders regarding technical issues to ensure effective integration with existing application of technology.
- Develop and manage the implementation of the quality plan to ensure adherence to organisational quality standards.
- Review and advise on engineering design progress and status according to the project plan and project objectives.
- Manage construction and commissioning activities according to the project plan or requirements, organisational standards and procedures.
- Manage and control the allocation of funds to ensure adherence to approved budgeted expenditure.
- Assist in compiling the budget by providing information based on operational security and organisational requirements.
- Set engineering targets to support the production process.
Location (country, city): Phalaborwa, Limpopo
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering together with a GCC (Mines and Works)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience after obtaining GCC
- Knowledge of legal compliance
- Knowledge of technical risk management
- Maintenance / asset management knowledge
- Project management knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Employee relations and people management skills
- Time management skills
- Administration and financial management skills
- A valid driver’s licence code B, EB or C1
- Computer literate in MS Office
- English language proficiency
Our client is seen as an international, leading specialist in contract operation and maintenance (O&M) of metal and mineral processing facilities in the coal, platinum, gold, iron ore and diamond industries at major mines in several countries. Adding value to mining operations throughout Africa and the world with its unique approach to meeting the individual needs of its clients. The company is internationally acknowledged for its quality service and high standards and works with clients to ensure project objectives are pursued and achieved.
By joining our client your career growth is endless with recruitment at multiple sites and across multiple commodities. Work with experienced & specialised teams unrivalled in turning things around in the quickest, most efficient and most cost effective way possible; teams that have experience in every aspect of minerals processing covered from designing the process to building and then operating the plant.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Plant Engineer, GCC Mines & Works – Platinum Concentrator in Phalaborwa – Ref: 1199570-4