Primary purpose: The Production Planner is responsible for execution of all customer orders regarding the production program planning. He takes responsibility for an in-time supply of finished goods for transportation to the customer. The Production Planner is the link to sales, purchasing, storage and production departments and optimizes production planning due to agreements with the customer, supply of finished goods, capacity of resources and warehouse stock.
Job description / core competencies:
- Receive forecasts and create a medium-term production and material requirement planning.
- Disposition raw material, consumables, and operating supply items on basis of a strategic material requirements planning.
- Monitor and consider the stock of finished goods, while creating the production order continuously.
- Create the ideal production plan respecting the order priority and the optimum input of resources (machine, staff, material).
- Create the production order by using the planning tool and approval to production department.
- Monitor production data and quality of data of the ERP-system permanently.
- Control and deviation analysis of customer order and customer forecast.
- On-time supply of finished goods in stock.
- On-time supply of primary material for production.
- Optimize warehouse stock in order to reduce working capital.
- Avoid every kind of waste by finding the best solution for the ideal production program (working hours of staff and machines, material consumption, customer complaint, etc.)
Location (country, city): Lanseria, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in Engineering / Business or equivalent with +2 years of Supply Chain experience within a manufacturing company
- Ability to organize diverse information, analyse and solve disputes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people inside and outside the organization are required
- Strong understanding of factors that influence manufacturing, cost and quality of operations is preferred
- Excellent English and local language skills in written and spoken
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Planner – based at Lanseria, Johannesburg – Ref: 1026839-161
To view our other job listings, click here