Key requirements: Proven experience working on Perceptron (includes programming if required to add/minus measurement points) as well as experience with Kawasaki robots (programming & fault finding).
PLC fault finding and programming will be an added advantage.
Job Qualification & Experience:
Reports to: Team Manager, ME
Primary purpose: Responsible to maintain perceptron systems while ensuring equipment uptime by reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and proactively planning preventative measures thereof.
Responsibilities / accountabilities:
- Program the perceptron if & when required (robotic & fixed type)
- Download data from the perceptron & upload to the web-based data management system
- Ensure communication between perceptron, robots & PLC always
- Analyze data from the perception
- Trouble shoot any issues arising from the perception
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of the perception
- Ensure that the calibration of the perceptron is done annually
- Responsible for spares availability
- To identify all corrective maintenance activities and have a proactive approach
- Manage effective approach to Emergency Maintenance (EM) downtime
- Effective root causes analysis towards downtime
- Proactive approach to Maintenance Operating System (MOS)
- Responsible approach to all Safety standard regulations
- Have good communications skills
- Be able to work independently (self-starter)
- Be able to work in a diverse environment
Performance measures/ success criteria:
- +95% Equipment uptime
- Reduce breakdown Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
- 100% Area Preventative/Corrective Maintenance (PM/CM) Completion
- Plan and execute maintenance activities on perceptron in line with Maintenance Operating System (MOS).
- Undertake root cause analysis and ensure Permanent Corrective Actions (PCA’s) are implemented.
- Knowledgeable on Perceptron
- Experience with Kawasaki robots (programming & fault finding)
Location (country, city): Pretoria, Gauteng
Qualifications and experience:
- National Diploma: Engineering Mechatronics or Electrical/ N4 plus Trade Millwright
- Minimum of 2-3-year skilled Body shop
- Must have experience working on Perceptron system
- Kawasaki Robot programming experience
- Experience in metrology environment will be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA):
- Troubleshoot Perceptron
- Robot teaching and program modifications
- Proven experience working on Perceptron (includes programming if required to add/minus measurement points)
- Proven Experience in Kawasaki/ Kuka Robots
- Ability to understand dimensional reports
- PLC fault finding and programming will be an added advantage
- Ability to convey accurate, detailed information verbally or in written form in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work autonomously, think analytically and to make sound judgements.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Prepared to work 3 shift patterns if required
- Prepared to work overtime when the need arises
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Perceptron Technician, Automotive OEM – Pretoria – Ref: 1205825-8
To view our other job listings, click here