Seeking a technically-qualified Packaging Supervisor with 4 – 10 years of experience working within a bagging environment. Requires high level of flexibility, ability to deal with multi-tasks to handle competing priorities and good time management. As Packaging Supervisor you will supervise and manage the overall bagging/baling and maintenance activities ensuring smooth bagging operations and equipment in good condition. Company provides single-status relocation cost, company accommodation, transport to work and back, medical insurance, 3 meals per day, relaxation facilities, laundry, 30 days leave per year, one flight ticket per year, tax free. Additional 25% housing allowance and 10% transport allowance may be offered.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 5 years).
Reports to: Project Manager.
Job titles of direct reports: Lead Bagging/Baling Operators, Helper.
Primary purpose: Supervises and manages overall bagging/baling and maintenance activities ensuring smooth bagging operations and equipment in good condition.
Job description / core competencies:
- Directing and supervising bagging/baling lines maintenance team in conducting daily equipment check.
- Ensuring all available equipment and work force is utilised in a more productive professional manner.
- Supporting Lead Bagging Line Operators with instructing and guiding them through the bagging activities.
- Coordinating with the customer Planner for getting the required information about the materials that is to be bagged, and for planning bags.
- Conduct daily check-up for the machine parameters and ensure that the preventative list is well followed and updated.
- Conduct daily check-up of the sealing and quantity of bags.
- Arrange 5 minute safety talk with the team at the beginning of every day.
- Pre-shift inspections on the bagging/baling lines and all other equipment.
- Direct the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure and clean working environment.
- Promote and motivate the development of the operations team performance.
Note: The principal accountabilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements.
Country: Saudi Arabia
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A technical qualification.
- 4 – 10 years of experience working within a bagging environment.
- High level of:
- Flexibility and ability to deal with multi-tasks to handle competing priorities.
- Time management.
Subsidiary of a European goods handling specialist, offering a cost-effective and comprehensive package including optimized processes from design and construction to ongoing supply chain management, operations and transport.
In addition to vast consulting services for the local chemical industry they directly provide substantial know-how in the construction of logistics centres and the design of outsourcing contracts. Transport services for bulk goods including decanting from maritime containers into bulk goods equipment are being realized and they manage both overseas long haul and short sea transport to end-user locations.
Boasting a newly-built, multi-customer terminal with multiple storage silos, a container tipping platform and larger warehouse space.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Packaging Supervisor (Bagging / Baling), Saudi Arabia – Ref: 1098832-3
To view our other job listings, click here