A joint venture Open Pit and Underground Base Metal and Chrome operation producing 40 million tons per year. Sourcing a mature Mine Manager with extensive Open Pit experience to relocate to Mpumalanga and play a vital role in the business turnaround strategy.
Reports to: General Manager
Job titles of direct reports: HOD Ore Production, HOD Mine Planning and Mining Engineering, HOD Mineral Resources Management.
Job description / core competencies. Although not limited to, the main responsibilities will include:
- To develop, evaluate and monitor mining strategy to ensure the attainment of business objectives
- To ensure attainment of mining operations business targets
- To formulate guidelines for the application of technology
- To develop and review plans and systems to achieve and improve mining KPI’s
- To review and regulate the commitment of resources to optimize efficiency of resources to optimize mining operations
- To identify and coordinate development of new technology and the application of best practice methodology
- To interpret mining operations risk to ensure the development of effective risk management plans
- To contribute to the compilation of risk logs and apply sound risk management practices
- To provide technical input for the mining operations to minimize possible risks
- To allocate and monitor the utilization of financial resources according to mining objectives
- To manage the commercial value add of the discipline related programme and projects
- To facilitate and evaluate the compilation of innovative proposals to ensure continuous improvement.
- To control expenditure according to budget and ensure efficient cash flow management.
- To manage own team’s performance
- To manage internal and external relations, including the interface with external providers responsible to ensure business needs are met and employees are satisfied.
- To provide relevant and specialized technical support to applicable stakeholders
- To manage and monitor mining operations adherence to Safety and loss control goals and objectives
- To oversee legal and environmental compliance (Custodian of Ore Production Legal compliance)
- To oversee Health and safety compliance (enforcing the Mining Sector related Acts)
- To oversee compliance to business plans
- To manage, monitor delivery and compliance to business plans.
- To evaluate appropriateness of changes to statutory requirements and recommend changes to policy and legal requirements to enhance productivity.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
- Industry related Degree or Diploma NQF 7
- Mine Manager Certificate of Competency
- National Certificate in Rock Breaking / Blasting Ticket Underground
- 8 years operational Mining / Technical discipline experience
- 4 years General Management experience
- Certificate of Fitness
- Valid driver’s license
The following qualifications and experience would be advantageous or optional:
- National Honours Degree / MDP/MBA
Competencies required are as follows:
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance & relevant legislation impacting the business Technical knowledge of various functional areas of responsibility
- Strategic and visionary skills Conceptual reasoning and business development skills
- Business acumen and insight Industry and competitor knowledge
- Ability to translate strategy into action plans Leadership and networking skills
- Interpersonal and influencing skills Self-driven / disciplined
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project and budget management skills
A joint venture Open Pit and Underground Base Metal and Chrome operation producing 40 million tons per year.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.
Closing date: 17 January 2018
Open Pit Mine Manager