Our client is a national network operator that builds and maintains its own infrastructure in South Africa. They are looking for Jnr and Snr Network Engineers to help maintain and grow their network.
Requirements: 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role within a service provider network environment. 3-Year degree in computer science. Advanced networking qualification (CCNP / CCIE / MTCINE).
Knowledge, skills and experience: BGP, OSPF, advanced OSI model troubleshooting, MPLS; MikroTik routers and switches; MikroTik Wireless PTP and PTMP; Ubiquiti wireless PTP and PTMP.
They offer many opportunities for growth and great training in this exciting profession.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Troubleshooting of network faults
- Wireless link outages.
- Wireless link degradations.
- LTE link outages.
- LTE link degradations.
- LTE Routers.
- Wi-Fi-related faults.
- Configuration of networking equipment
- New wireless radios.
- Internal wireless access points.
- Routers (Mikrotik, LTE, etc).
- Switches (HP, Ubiquity, MikroTik, etc).
- Configuration of wireless links
- Configuration of new links and client service deployments.
- Configuration of new wireless backhaul links implementing into the network.
- Tweaking of settings for optimal performance on existing links.
- MikroTik configuration on new services and housekeeping.
- Solution scoping and design
- New solutions required for ongoing / recurring faults.
- Solutions to client change / service requests.
- Researching and testing of new wireless radio technologies for proposed usage and implementation.
- Liaising with clients to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution
- Assist clients with remote troubleshooting to determine the root cause of a fault.
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution
- Liaise with upstream providers to troubleshoot and resolve any faults that occur.
- Investigating new peering possibilities via NAP or JINX and implementing the BGP peers.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- 3-year degree in computer science preferred.
- Advanced networking qualification (CCNP / CCIE / MTCINE).
- Good knowledge and practical experience within a service provider network environment.
- Knowledge and skills in BGP, OSPF, advanced OSI model troubleshooting, MPLS.
- Knowledge of MikroTik routers and switches.
- Knowledge of MikroTik Wireless PTP and PTMP and Ubiquiti wireless PTP and PTMP.
- Server infrastructure design, deployment, and management.
- Good communication and people skills – be a team player and a nice person, we are nice people and want to work with similarly minded people.
- Honesty, integrity, patience and a good sense of humour will be welcomed here – we believe that everyone can and should enjoy their time at work.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, able to meet unmovable deadlines and enjoy being busy.
- If you are attention-to-detail oriented, enjoy a challenge and can multi-task, this is the position for you.
A national network operator that physically builds and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Network Engineer, Jnr & Snr (Mikrotik and Ubiquiti), Sandton – Ref: 1154062-4
Network Engineer, Jnr & Snr (Mikrotik and Ubiquiti), Sandton
To view our other job listings, click here