Our client is a national network operator that builds and maintains its own infrastructure in South Africa. They are looking for Network Engineers to help maintain and grow their network.
Requirements: Any networking qualifications / certificates (N+, CCENT, CCNA, MTCNA etc.); 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a service provider network environment.
Knowledge of Cambium, Ubiquity (PBE’s), Mikrotik Hap routers, Unifi routers and Tenda routers would be an advantage.
They offer many opportunities for growth and great training in this exciting profession.
Job description / core competencies:
- Troubleshooting of network faults.
- Configuration of networking equipment.
- Configuration of wireless links.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- First line support/escalate any slow internet connectivity issues.
- Physical and Power Checks.
- Notify clients when there is an outage.
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures as directed by the senior network engineer.
- Provide on-site and remote support to clients where needed.
- Monitor performance and resource utilization to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Provide second line support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Liaising with clients to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution.
- Continuously update ticketing system and keep clients updated to ensure good client service at all times.
Location (country, city): Klerksdorp, North West
Job Qualification & Experience:
- N+ certificate.
- Good knowledge of networking.
- Knowledge of Cambium, Ubiquity (PBE’s), Mikrotik Hap routers, Unifi routers and Tenda routers would be an advantage.
- Any networking qualifications / certificates (N+, CCENT, CCNA, MTCNA etc.) required.
- Good communication and people skills – be a team player and a nice person, we are nice people and want to work with similarly minded people.
- Honesty, integrity, patience, and a good sense of humour will be welcomed here – we believe that everyone can and should enjoy their time at work.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, able to meet unmovable deadlines and enjoy being busy.
- If you are attention-to-detail oriented, enjoy a challenge and can multi-task, this is the position for you.
A national network operator that physically builds and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Network Engineer – Klerksdorp, North West – Ref: 1154062-19
To view our other job listings, click here.