Our client, a growing EPCM organisation focusing on the mining, mineral processing and metals as well as manufacturing sectors, is looking for the services of a highly motivated and experienced Multi-Disciplinary Draughtsperson to strategically contribute to the growth of the organisation. Reporting directly to the Section Lead and working closely with other Design Engineers, the Draughtsperson will provide drawing office services and/or field support.
Reports to: Section Lead
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of Layouts of Isometric drawing, Pipe and G.As.
- Worked in and knows the ISO Quality environment; Redraw existing hard copies on Inventor/AutoCAD/Solidworks.
- Develop and Manage drawing register, Issuing of drawings. Create and Maintain drawing library.
- Completion of Engineering Changes Design of new plants/equipment.
- Generation of assembly drawings, etc.
- Use computer-aided design software to create 2D and 3D technical drawings.
- Edit technical draughts based on the recommendations of project engineers.
- Outline the project’s construction process on the technical drawings.
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
- Drawing and populating of plant and equipment layouts on Autocad and Inventor as required by design teams from time to time.
- Co-ordination of the layout drawing process.
- Using the drawings to generate a Bill of Materials as required for each installation.
- Following all drawing procedures set out by the Company for every project, such as but not limited to drawing numbers, descriptions, revisions.
- Attending site inspections including measuring for your drawings as and when required.
- Attending project meetings and layout approval meetings with Client as and when required.
- Generating drawings as may be required from time to time Issuing of -as-built drawings.
- Work with design engineers on design / improvements.
- Design and draughting of mechanical routings for plant and equipment.
- Monitor the financial performances of the drawing office department to ensure company goals and targets are met – Supervise, plan, control and co-ordinate functions of Drawing Office.
- Timeous release of job cards, programs & drawing packs.
- Ensure quantity and quality control.
- Ensure subordinates are fully trained to utilize software efficiently & effectively.
- Manage risk and increase flexibility.
- Communication with customers, and site visits as necessary.
- Revision & document control.
- Design Reviews.
- Housekeeping & 5s.
- Ensure statutory compliance and the implementation of safety and health policies and procedures.
- Scheduling reviews with design engineers to obtain design and drawing approvals.
- Complete detail drawings within the Project Timeframes – Operate with full competence and independence in the execution of all jobs.
- Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Provide frequent training, guidance and supervision to junior colleagues.
- Actively engage with clients to understand project requirements.
Location (country, city): Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced understanding of EPCM projects processes.
- All aspects of process plants design and operation.
- Industry codes/standards and interdepartmental practices and procedures.
- Safety consciousness and application of good practice health and safety.
- Good understanding of best practises.
- Listening to, interpreting and understanding feedback from clients and team members.
- The ability to work under pressure and to achieve deadlines.
- Organisational skills, planning, project management and prioritising ability.
- Exceptional knowledge with IT functions like draughting software including AutoCad.
- Strong client focus.
- Professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Understanding of the mining, minerals processing and metals industry and associated equipment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven min 5 years’ experience as a draughtsperson within the EPCM industry.
- Familiar with and/or experience with Inventor / AutoCad /Solidworks.
- Understanding of technical designs, drawings and material.
With experience in Mechanical, Process, Metallurgical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Piping, Civil & Structural Engineering our client is a multi-disciplinary “total solutions provider” offering engineering, project management, construction and O&M to the mining and minerals, construction, industrial, energy and power sectors in South and Southern Africa.
Manages conceptual development, design, engineering, construction through to commissioning and commercial operation. Supplies permanent, innovatively engineered solutions and complete services to establish construction, processing, material handling and environmental control.
Multi-disciplinary -total solutions provider- built on a solid foundation of a group of engineers and support professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in engineering, construction, maintenance, and infrastructure development across multiple industries in South and Sothern Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Multi-Disciplinary Draughtsman (EPCM) Harare, Zimbabwe – Ref: 121043-9
To view our other job listings, click here