We are looking for a driven and target-orientated Mechanical Inspector for a 6-month contract, to inspect incoming mechanical components, accompanying documentation and be responsible for supplier inspection reports, material certifications and CoC’s.
The ideal candidate will be a Trade Tested Turner Machinist and have 2 – 5 years’ experience in mechanical quality inspection. Small to medium steel, aluminium and brass machined components. Must be able to read technical drawings and possess a good knowledge of gauges and measuring equipment including toolmakers mic and shadow graph. Knowledge of CMM advantageous.
Type: 6 Month Contract
Job description / core competencies:
- Inspection of incoming mechanical components.
- Inspection of accompanying documentation.
- Supplier’s Inspection Reports, material certificates and CoC’s.
- Completion of inspection reports, reject notes etc.
Location (country, city): Gauteng, Alberton
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 (Technical) and trade tested (Turner Machinist) Artisan.
- Must have 2 – 5 years; experience in mechanical quality inspection.
- Small to medium steel, aluminium and brass machined components.
- Must be able to read technical drawings.
- Possess a good knowledge of gauges and measuring equipment including toolmakers mic and shadow graph.
- Knowledge of CMM advantageous.
A globally respected South African based company, who specialises in Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing and consistently at a leading position of developments in modern electronic technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Mechanical Inspector, Aluminium and Brass Machined Components, 6 Month Contract – Alberton – Ref: 1192210-4
To view our other job listings, click here