Join a leading supplier and distributor of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). As Marketing Manager you will champion, strategically lead and drive a full 360 marketing function with the focus being on direct B2B and indirect B2C full corporate businesses, including the Brand and Communication strategy. You will be required to be hands-on where possible, to coordinate outsourced marketing functions, campaigns and agencies as well as managing the Marketing, and at a later stage, the Customer Services Department.
The ideal incumbent will hold a Degree in Marketing, have a minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in a marketing environment with both a B2C channel & direct B2B and Customer Service Centre management experience will be an advantage. A willingness to travel as well as you will be required to attend regional company and relevant industry events.
Reports to: Managing Director
Primary purpose: The role of the Marketing Manager will be to drive a full 360 marketing function with the focus being on our direct B2B, and indirect B2C full corporate businesses, including the Brand and Communication strategy. The position requires the incumbent to be hands-on where possible, as well as co-ordinate outsourced marketing functions, campaigns and agencies, and managing the Marketing, and at a later stage the Customer Services Department.
Overview of the role:
- Design and drive the marketing strategy to support commercial growth agenda through channel B2C network, and B2B Customers;
- Plan and execute effective campaigns across all relevant segments;
- Design and implement effective lead generation plan and design effective customer value propositions for targeted B2B segments;
- Drive demand generation via digital and social media campaigns;
- Align strategic marketing, product marketing and sales teams to create and measure innovative effective promotions for channel members, campaign effectiveness, lead generation and ROI;
- Manage the allocated marketing budget for optimum results and effects;
- Analyse business data, and propose market surveys;
- End-to-End delivery of events, including coordinating between sales & marketing to ensure full alignment on objectives, strategy, and delivery plan;
- Ensure voice of customer excellence and communication to the business as required for product development, market surveillance, pricing, etc.
- Align sales and marketing to discuss quarterly field marketing and channel activities;
- Have regular, planned meetings with customers and attend regional company and relevant industry events;
- Provide tools to support the B2C partner channels;
- Design and execute the brand and communication strategy with input from sales;
- Lead the Customer Service Centre towards operational excellence.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Marketing Essential;
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant work experience in a marketing environment with both a B2C channel and direct B2B;
- Customer Service Centre management experience will be an advantage;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and work independently;
- Must be willing to travel.
Our client is a leading supplier & distributor of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). They have been in operation for over 3 decades and are supplied by the major refineries based in Secunda, Cape Town, Mosselbay and Durban. Their filling plants catering for a multitude for LPG cylinders are situated throughout Southern Africa – Mpumalanga, Gauteng, Free State, KwaZulu Natal, Eastern/Western/Northern Cape as well as Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Marketing Manager, Johannesburg – Ref: 948778-4
Marketing Manager Johannesburg
To view our other job listings, click here