Ready to start a new career? Bring your relevant certificate and help to program and operate the manual machines according to specifications and to maximise capacity and productivity by adhering to company policies and procedures and health and safety principles.
Type: 1 year LDC for a project
Key Performance Areas:
- Operate a manual machine (drilling, milling and turning).
- Pre-inspection of lathe, milling, radial and magnetic base drilling machines on a daily basis.
- Operate manual magnetic base and radial arm drilling machines as per project activity.
- Compile and file reports on a daily basis as per daily production quality assessment.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Must be focussed and attentive as the drilling of header components is expensive and mistakes cannot be tolerated.
- Any other job related duties as required from time to time.
- Good planning and organising skills w.r.t. daily job planning, tools and equipment preparation and checking of information (correct drawing revision number, queries of any confusing information or instructions prior to drilling).
- Attention to detail, meticulous and accurate.
- Decisiveness and ability to initiate action.
- Good understanding and adherence to principles, values, instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks.
- Must be able to do repetitive work without losing focus and making mistakes.
Location (country, city): Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified Artisan.
- Grade 12/N3.
- 3 Years’ working experience in a similar role.
- A certificate in and experience with Heidenhein software on the Goratu (CNC Milling machine) is essential.
- Experience in Cad-cam (Mastercam V10 and up) would be advantageous.
- Experience in working on CNC Milling and CNC Lathe machines would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of operating systems e.g. Heidenhein iTNC530, Traub and Fanuc would be advantageous.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, especially tolerances and surface finishes.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing to work shifts and long hours.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Manual CNC Machine Operator – Machine Shop (LDC) – Pretoria – Ref: 1026839-130
Manual CNC Machine Operator
To view our other job listings, click here