Are your feet itching to start looking for a new career? Then you are in the right place. Bring your relevant qualification and minimum of 3 years of mining experience and join this driven, hard-working team
Job description / core competencies:
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including:
- profit and loss accounts
- Monthly cash flows forecasts
- variance analysis and commentaries
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget.
- Financial modelling.
- Preparing monthly and adhoc presentations to MANCO.
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies.
- Advising on the financial implications of business decisions.
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts.
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Liaising with other function managers to put finances and accounts in context.
- monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Implementing risk management and internal controls.
- Good general health AND requires a certificate of fitness (red ticket).
Key work outputs (results required):
Candidates should be able to deliver in the 5-star performance areas:
- Operational results: i.e., technical and financial targets.
- SHERQ results: Safety, health, environmental, risk and quality systems.
- Leadership and people results, high level of leadership and career growth development orientation.
- Management results: implementation of systems to achieve targets.
- Customer and Relationship results: e.g., relationships with peers, managers, and customers.
Location (country, city): Brits, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar.
At least 5 years of experience on similar role
At least 3 years of mining experience on similar role
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Management Accountant, Brits – Ref: 1207799-1
To view our other job listings, click here