A world-class, state-of-the-art vehicle manufacturing facility is looking to appoint a Maintenance Process Coach to support production with well-maintained facilities adhering to World Class Standards, driving SQCDPME, validate/bridge operational needs to ensure production line is running smoothly, supervise/coach the maintenance team, analyse breakdown reports and implement corrective measures.
Reports to: Maintenance Lead Process Coach
Primary purpose: The Process Coach is responsible for:
- Supporting Production with well-maintained facilities adhering to World Class Standards.
- Driving SQCDPME by understanding and consistently applying MOS standards and strategies.
- Validate and bridge operational needs to ensure Production line is running safely and smooth.
- Supervise, Coach and be responsible for Maintenance team.
- Analyze breakdown reports and implement corrective measures.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Job description / core competencies:
- Continuously monitor the processes within Maintenance department with a view towards proactively solving potential problems that could have negative impact on the safety well-being of the team.
- Attend to the concerns raised by any department timeously and with urgency.
- Track and monitor all safety concern including, CCAR’s, PTA’S, near-misses etc.
- Ensure all quality standards are adhered to.
- Monitor the quality performance of Maintenance department on an hourly basis by reviewing the defect status with a view towards conducting deep-dive investigations and implementing ICA’s / PCA.
- Review GTR reports and QLS reports to monitor Quality and partake in Quality meetings to give feedback on Equipment Quality concerns.
- Utilize all the available tools and documentation in order to resolve problems and eliminate defects e.g. 8D’s, 6 Panel and PJO’s.
- Coordinate the resources and activities required to ensure MOS strategy is implemented.
- Monitor, control, and improve Maintenance Cost Per Unit (MCPU) based on the MOS strategy.
- Manage based on MOS strategy and support material control (spare part inventory), repair and rebuild programs, Reliability and Maintainability reviews.
- Drive cost improvement initiatives in order to improve the overall cost efficiency and effectiveness of Maintenance department by finding ways to reduce usage of consumables and material.
- Clear communication to the team.
- Administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents
- Leading, coaching, training and development of the team.
- Conduct PJO’s to verify that the line is running safely and consistently, PM/CM/EM are done with integrity and quality and Facilities are maintained to the standard by the team.
- Manage absenteeism levels, employee versatility & manning assignments in area of responsibility.
- Develop the weekend planning work and participate in weekend planning meetings with VOME/Launch.
- Support, Coach and drive Team’s Continuous Improvement mindset through Kaizens, 6 Panels, Proactive actions.
- Hold team Accountable.
- MOS strategy to maximize equipment effectiveness through a detailed, standardized, prioritized preventive and predictive maintenance plan designed to improve productivity.
- Use Maximo to analyze data and evaluate the effectiveness of the preventive maintenance plan.
- Regularly monitor and assess the condition of back-up equipment to ensure readiness for use when needed.
- Know and understand the Maintenance Operating Systems and its objectives.
- Ensure robust PM’s with Visual Job Plans
- Continuously do PJO’s and improve facility uptime.
- Ensure department complies with government, industry and corporate standards
Performance measures/ success criteria:
- Ensure PM strategy is implemented and followed, PM’s are done with integrity
- Install / repair equipment within the timing plan.
- Analyze the work performed by team to ensure good performance.
- Ensure efficient utilization of the team.
- Produce well defined reports when requested for future planning or to substantiate the progress of a task or project.
- Ensure the adherence to the Company Code of Conduct and Safety rules.
- Train subordinates to maximize productivity.
- Ensure the availability of the required spares for emergency and planned repairs
- +95% Equipment Availability
- Reduce breakdown Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) to < 9min
- Increase Equipment MTBF to > 450min
- PM completion ratio of > 97%
- No Open Work Orders > Three months
- Unplanned absentee management of < 3%
Location (country, city): Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications and experience:
- 3 years National Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical or N6 with Trade certificate.
- Proficient in Kawasaki, Fanuc Robotics.
- Electrical and mechanical skills.
- Programming skills.
- Microsoft office knowledge (Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook).
- Fault-finding ability.
- 6 Sigma problem solving Methodology.
- Proper communication and escalation
- Knowledge of MOS Implementation.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles.
- Proficient in Siemens TIA Portal, Mitsubishi PLCs
- SEW, Simotion Controls and drives
- Basic knowledge in Vision systems and scanners e.g. Cognex, Sick
- 3-years’ Experience in Automotive industry
- 3-years’ Experience in Maintenance background
- Must have displayed proven capability of leading a team in current or previous roles.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA):
- Foster functional & Technical Excellence
- Know and have a passion for our business and our customers;
- Demonstrate and build functional and technical excellence;
- Ensure process discipline;
- Have a continuous improvement philosophy and practice.
- Own Working Together
- Believe in skilled and motivated people working together;
- Include everyone, respect, listen to, help and appreciate others;
- Build strong relationships/be a team player/develop ourselves & others;
- Communicate clearly, concisely and candidly.
- Role Model Company Values
- Show initiative, courage, integrity and good corporate citizenship;
- Improve quality, safety and sustainability;
- Have a can do, find a way attitude and emotional resilience;
- Enjoy the journey & each other. Have fun – never at others’ expense.
- Deliver Results years
- Deal positively with our business realities, develop compelling & comprehensive plans while keeping an eye on the enterprise view;
- Set high expectations and inspire others;
- Make sound decisions using facts and data;
- Hold ourselves and others responsible and accountable for delivering results and satisfying our customers.
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Maintenance Process Coach (Automotive Industry), Pretoria – Ref: 1205825-2
Maintenance Process Coach (Automotive Industry)
To view our other job listings, click here