Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is required to manage and implement maintenance systems, processes and monitoring activities for the maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery and facilities. This position will be based in Emalahleni Water Reclamation Plant (EWRP), Emalahleni, South Africa.
The incumbent is expected to efficiently perform the allocated tasks to professionally manage and maintain the facilitys M, E & I equipment and meet the Company’s contractual obligations.
Requirments: Graduated and certificated mechanical/electrical engineer (mechanical preferred), minimum of 5 years of experience in plant E,M&I equipment maintenance, GCC Certificate (Government ticket) will be a benefit.
Job description / core competencies:
- Facilitate the implementation of the Company Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Objectives.
- Ensure the implementation, application and adherence to the Maintenance Information System (SAP) and ensure that all assets are clearly marked and controlled with Asset Register, including spares management.
- Manage the maintenance processes to ensure the optimal equipment availability and functioning of production processes.
- Enforces compliance to standard operating procedures, contractual agreements and safety guidelines and deals with non-conformances when required.
- Develop and maintenance of operational and strategic maintenance reports.
- Provide guidance and co-ordinate where required with all suppliers in terms of spares, equipment and materials.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance and spares systems are developed, implemented & maintained.
- Advice on breakdowns and corrective maintenance to ensure minimal down time and improved reliability.
- Conduct root cause analyses, audits and compile action plans
- Maintain effective administration and control procedures to meet performance objectives.
- Ensure efficient management and execution of Condition Monitoring feedback.
- Ensure efficient resource management to ensure they are able to meet the performance objectives required of them.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering a professional and high-quality service.
- Guide and assist compilation of internal and external maintenance reports and attend client meetings where required.
- Assist, guide and control best practice in terms of Root Cause analysis.
- Facilitate cross pollination and learnings between sites and engineering department
Location (country, city): Emalahleni, Mpumalanga
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Graduated and certificated mechanical/electrical engineer (mechanical preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in plant E,M&I equipment maintenance
- GCC Certificate (Government ticket) will be a benefit
- Business skills, Prioritisation, co-ordination ability, goal directed, problem solving, teamwork, analytical ability, controlling, planning and organizing, communication.
- Computer literate i.e. All Microsoft packages with previous experience in computerized maintenance management systems an advantage.
- Able to coach and mentor at both individual and team level.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills, listening, writing, oral.
- Leadership skills.
- Committed to customer service, continuous improvement and achievement of objectives.
- Planned maintenance and project management
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Maintenance Manager – Emalahleni, Mpumalanga – Ref: 1212518-7
To view our other job listings, click here