Strictly only candidates with Press Shop experience, 2 years’ experience in the automotive industry and 2 years’ maintenance experience with min. 1000 to 1500-ton mechanical press lines, hydraulic press experience, pneumatic systems experience, and automation experience would be beneficial. Other requirements: N3 plus Trade Test (Fitter and Turner or Qualified Millwright) and experience with drives, pneumatic systems, and controls as well as conveyor systems.
Primary purpose: Ensure availability of mechanical equipment to ensure optimum press shop performance
Responsibilities / accountabilities:
- Achieving departmental objectives to achieve customer requirements – SQDCPME (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Maintenance, Environment)
- Any reasonable task that may be assigned to you
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained
- Effective Preventive actions initiatives
- Corrective action results
- System changes—Document and Record Control / Change management
- Control of monitoring and measuring equipment
- Support planned production volumes
- Company Production System (FPS) adherence
- Cost reduction initiatives
- Overtime Control
- Adherence to trained needs
- Attendance control
- Communication / Cadence adherence
- Ensuring the proper working condition of equipment
- Upkeep of plant equipment.
- PM completion to schedule
- Achieve planned maintenance activities
- Ensure that Environmental Aspects and Impacts are effectively controlled
Performance measures/ success criteria:
- Achieving Delivery to Order requirements
- Equipment Maintenance and Availability
- PM completion to schedule.
- Improve equipment uptime.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA):
- 2 Years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- 2 Years’ Maintenance experience with min. 1000-ton Mechanical Press lines
- Hydraulic Press Experience
- Pneumatic systems Experience
- Automation experience would be beneficial
Qualifications and experience:
- N3 plus Trade Test: Fitter and Turner or Qualified Millwright
- Experience in Press Shop.
- >1500-ton presses
- Pneumatic systems and controls.
- Conveyor systems
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Maintenance Artisan Fitter with Automotive Press Shop experience, Pretoria – Ref: 1206011-8
Maintenance Artisan Fitter
To view our other job listings, click here