A specialist in plastic injection moulding and manufacturing, tailored to the automotive industry, is hiring due to expansion! They require a Logistics Supervisor who will achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods; measure and report on the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance; as well as organise and maintain inventory and the storage area.
Minimum requirements include Matric, a Diploma in Logistics / Business Management / related, 4+ years stores experience and experience in a manufacturing industry.
Reports to: Logistics Manager
- Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance.
- Organizing and maintaining inventory and storage area.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, work instructions, audits and determine priorities of the organization.
- Select, train, motivate, determine staffing levels and evaluate assigned personnel.
- Ensure that eDDL, Super-G, LRR and MMOG is processed daily, weekly, monthly or yearly as per customer requirement.
- Ensure that all deliveries are made in full and on time by analysing a daily calling/release and identify short falls, and report.
- Meet with staff to identify areas of improvement and resolve problems.
- Ensure that receiving procedures are followed at all times to ensure that good qualities of products are received from all the suppliers.
- Report any breakdowns of forklift / equipment to relevant department.
- Ensure receiving, inventory and shipment transactions are processed on time and accurately.
- Ensure that dispatch procedures are followed at all times to ensure that good qualities of products are send to all the customers.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure cycle count and stock is done as per organization SOP.
- Interface with customers/suppliers to answer questions and solve problems.
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage.
- Monitor storeroom and warehouse material usage.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation regarding shift performance purposes e.g. handover report, attendance register, reports and all other documentation are updated at all times.
- Ensure that discipline in a team is maintained by monitoring team’s performance according to company’s standards & regulations and making correct decisions.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Proper housekeeping adherence by applying 5S system at all times.
- And be able to carry any other reasonable instructions.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Logistics / Business Management or related
- Minimum 4 -6 experience stores experience
- Experience in a manufacturing industry
- Good communication skills.
- Decision making, have initiative and be able to perform well under pressure.
- Critical thinking.
- Accuracy of work with attention to detail and neatness.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- System evaluation, ability to input, retrieve and analyse data.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime where required.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Logistics Supervisor (Automotive Plastic Injection Moulding) – Pretoria – Ref: 1211624-7
To view our other job listings, click here