A world-class supplier of technologically-advanced mine drilling operations is looking for a Logistics Manager with underground operations experience to be based in Fochville, Gauteng.
Ideal candidate will have 8 years’ experience in logistics and transportation, imports and exports, route planning, road transport logistics and a degree or relevant qualification in Logistics and/or Accounting. Blasting certificate advantageous.
Job description / core competencies:
- Yard and asset management (high level);
- Maintenance system implementation and upkeep & continuous improvement;
- Transport and route planning and scheduling;
- Preventative maintenance planning;
- Preferably an accountant with logistics experience;
- All aspects of imports and exports;
- Arranging all formalities with customs;
- Temporary export of equipment to sites in neighbouring countries and Import back to SA;
- Organising various inspections;
- Liaise with various stakeholders in setting up accounts such as the borders, suppliers;
- Route planning;
- Keep a traceable record of all work done;
- Liaise with estimating re pricing etc.;
- Adhere to client’s health & safety regulations;
- Manage relationships with agents and suppliers;
- Manage stock & stocktakes;
- Materials management and allocation to sites.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or relevant qualification in Logistics and/or Accounting;
- Blasting certificate advantageous;
- 8 years’ experience in logistics
- Transportation experience will be advantageous;
- Imports / exports experience;
- Route planning
- Road transport logistics experience;
- Able to make own decisions;
- People management experience;
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solver;
- Able to speak English and Afrikaans.
Our client is a company on the move. Fairly recently listed on the stock exchange highly specialised, dynamic, niche contracting firm. In-house design, engineering, manufacturing, customisation, maintenance support and tailored solutions for drilling activities. Provide complete project-management expertise from exploration-stage drilling, capital project-stage through to production. With offices and Engineering facilities internationally; Africa, South America, North America, Europe and Asia. Great for International travel to explore new countries and huge growth opportunities.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.